Droppin the hatch

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Havent done it yet lazies. Read previous post. I'm a highschool kid who works a ton of hours and its so cold don't have the motivation to do it right now. It'll be down hopefully before feburary 1st.

This is my slow drop thread haha

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the compressors worked great for me, from autozone. cost $50 + $3 tax and i got it all back when i returned it. good luck with your drop

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
and still not dropped... damn.

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ill leave you my car and you can do it! ;)

Don't jack it though!
Like i said hard to find a right time. I gotta have my buddy available to to use some of his tools.
It blows.

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u only need one special tool dont u got a socket set i dropped mine in the snow in about 2 hours.

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont have the big 32mm, i think, socket to get hub off. Also no jack or jack stands. Also some tools to deal with the damn seized bolts.

If i had them id be out right now (1AM) doing it trust me.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's not all that complicated, but i can tell you that you're 99% likely to snap the heads off of the rear LCA bolts. The bolts usually get rusted into the LCA bushings, I just went ahead and replaced all the bushings, or you can buy aftermarket LCA's and be done with it.

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know how to do it, it is just getting the amount of time to do it. Honestly with the snow im ot to worried about lowering it. It gets any lower i cant run it through the wash and i like throwin it in there to get rid of salt. So i'll probably wait till end of feb

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What you takin the hub off for? Did i miss something? When I did mine i just dropped the strut and lca. Never took the hub off.

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hope your not serious?
I've summed that up in the last posts!

damn 04er! ;)

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its all good I need the motivation.
I don't know got an offer for 400 and i only paid 200, might be going to a new home.

Anyone know of any new setup i can get for around 400?

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its all good I need the motivation.
I don't know got an offer for 400 and i only paid 200, might be going to a new home.

Anyone know of any new setup i can get for around 400?
So you got a good setup for $200 were offered $400 and want to spend the $400 to buy new setup? Why?

Install what you got you'll be happy with that set up. If you were closer i'd put the f**kers on for ya. lol

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ha well after summer im moving to nashville with a buddy to help run a company so maybe ill cruise by. haha

They will be on by then.
Can we get this thread locked though. Tomorrow im making a slow build thread.

civic0918

Registered VIP
get the compressors manyou gotta compress the new spring to go on the new strut to be done right. And yes it can kill someone It happened in my town not long ago. If you can afford to drop your car im sure you can buy some compressors for $50. The ppl saying hey just do it let it fly are stupid a life isnt worth 2 inches or any inches be safe and good luck.

honda_mafia96

5+ Year Member
yea man mymmeryloss is right i have only tried using the spring compressor once because thts the most waste of time ther useless and they suck. i always use a impact gun and hold the shock w my foot an let the spring shoot out it literly shoots out like half a foot lol i have done this to all my civics and i have never hurt myself you just gotta b carefull thats all.