Drove through a small river.....rattles!

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ahhhh i see.. i always thought the SS ones where all supercharged?
cobalt SS= supercharged cavalier
Srt4=neon w/ turbo and the shits.

they will never get the repsect that imports do..tho i gotta say they are steppin the game up

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sooooooo... your saying that a colbalt is a cavalier?

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pretty much the same thing man. Cobalt replaced the cavi and colbalt is still the same class as the cavi.. same thing really if you ask me. BUT....colbalt IMO is pretty good considering the potential of the SS supercharged and now the turbo charged version that i just heard about here.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ah i see.. good comparision

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
Say what you want. I got a great deal and the money to fix my Civic was not worth it.

I'm happy with my decision. Plus, I don't race so it really didn't factor into my decision.

The 7th gen has too many damn problems anyway.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The brand new SS has a new turbo and pumps out 260 hp stock. It looks like it might actually be worth buying now.
Say what you want. I got a great deal and the money to fix my Civic was not worth it.

I'm happy with my decision. Plus, I don't race so it really didn't factor into my decision.

:roll:

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
Completely different chassis. The ecotec may not be as refined as a Honda motor, but it's built like a tank.

Plus, my insurance went down. I'm not bashing Honda so why try to tear somthing down.

Negativity is a virus.....enjoy it.

Tkdtim1226

5+ Year Member

Well no offense to your new car, but IMO a supercharger should give more of a boost than what it did on the 2.0L. I actually like Chevy's, I just think they could have done better... which is exactly what they did with the new SS.

In reality it all boils down to the driver, their skill, and their creativity in hooking up the car. I hope you enjoy your new purchase.