Dual pont injectors

FasterDX

Z6 EJ2
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So on my 89 std hatch, its throwing the code 16 for fuel injectors. Now the funny thing is when the car is running the CEL is not on but the ecu still blinks. I'm not sure why that is, the CEL does work and when the key is turned on without the engine running the CEL is on and the ecu blinks code 16. Regardless the injectors have a problem. Sometimes the car will not start after sitting a while or even after driving then shutting it down for a few minutes, like when fueling up at the gas station. At times likes these it will crank and crank but not start. My assumption is leaky injectors but i wanted to know what input anybody might have because new injectors are kinda pricey.

thanks for any info, Chris

edit: sorry about the title. Dual-Point Injectors

marsh

markell91hatch
5+ Year Member
it could poss. be the main start relay under the dash left side that runs the fuel pump also turn the key on all the way accept starting it and listen you should hear the fuel pump prim and click off give it a shot thats what mine did and 60.00 and it hasnt happened sense.

FasterDX

Z6 EJ2
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so how do i know if its bad then? if i don't hear it prime?

marsh

markell91hatch
5+ Year Member
that is correct, it will do it intermittently. then stop altogether .my lasted about 2 months then went all out . you should hear it click up under there, after the key is in the full on pos. minus starting it up .it cost aprox. 50 to 60 $ and has one plug jack on it, i hated going just to get gas even because it would do it and i'd get pissed off so i can tell where ya coming from on that. hope it helps.

FasterDX

Z6 EJ2
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i checked it like you said and it sounds fine. sounds identical to my 95. i'm thinking one of the injectors is leaking and flooding it.

FasterDX

Z6 EJ2
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea they are pricey though. any idea of where to get them for cheap?

marsh

markell91hatch
5+ Year Member
there a dime a dozen here give me the #'s and i'll give ya $ shipped from 97007

marsh

markell91hatch
5+ Year Member
also sorry for delay i'm on the west coast but will check back later

FasterDX

Z6 EJ2
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wait so back toward the top, are you saying you replaced the relay or the fuel pump? because now i can't hear my fuel pump prime when you turn the key to on. i do have voltage at the plug on the actual fuel pump at the cover under the seat. so either its the pump itself or the relay i guess?