Duckits EG8....mmm sedan!

DuckIt

I've got a b7 I've been wanting to do a little budget high comp p29 build, so that's in the works. Nothing huge but I figure what the hell.

New shocks are on the to do list, not 100% sure what I wanna run. Skunk2 sport shocks possibly.

I've got black works rear lca's on the car, they were on it when I got it. Wouldn't have been my choice but oh well, but they need new bushings.

Considering purchasing the energy suspension master bushing set and installing them.

Rear sway bar.

Bigger front bar.

Ex/si trans maybe

Idk, I drive the car 70ish miles a day, I have a 5 and a half month old daughter so my mods need to stay reasonable, as she rides in the car a lot, plus reliability is a must.

DuckIt

My fender needed painted, I've never really sprayed with an actual gun. So I decided to give a cheap little project a go.

Harbor freight gun and rostoluem paint. First time ever painting with a gun. I didn't prep it for s**t cause I didn't think it would come out half as good as it did. Also I learned after I should have thinned with acetone. And I got one really bad run below the trim indent from where I over thinned it, paint built up, then all just ran at once haha. I'll redo it and I think I can get it to come out damn good.

Here's a pic

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doesnt look too bad. That rustoleum is tough s**t!

DuckIt

Yea, I'm gonna sand it down and prep it better and redo it, possibly do my front bumper, fender, and hood too. Then eventually the rest.

DuckIt

Little bit of an update....

Rebuilt the b7 that was in the car before I put he z6 in.

The plan is to throw this motor in, and drive it for the winter with the beast7 again. During that time I'm going to pull the z6 apart, and rebuild it, likely with p29's, a zex 59300, an intake manifold, and some other tid bits. Who knows. Something higher compression. I'm not looking to make huge power, I'm just looking to have a little more pep on my 70 mile journey to and from work everyday, and do it on a "budget". No eBay parts, not that cheap. But relatively inexpensive. Also a little bit of pep for autox'ing next year would be a plus.

Also, I painted the meshies black. I love this rustoleum haha.

And I worked on this thing the other day at work. 13 650i. Guy said he paid 106k for it. Damn.

That is all for now.

DuckIt

Christmas is putting things a little behind.

But on the good side I got a pretty decent raise at work so I might have more money that I had originally planned to put towards the z6 build.