dui

judah

5+ Year Member
another interesting point was on the police report the officer wrote i had the car in drive. my car is a 5-speed so there was absolutely no way i had the car in drive while the motor was running. if the car was in gear i would have stalled out, motor dies. if i wasn't in gear i would have been in neutral showing i had no intentions of moving my vehicle.

judah

5+ Year Member
also if i'm found not guilty i won't have a license (conditional or non-conditional) for another year. after 1 year my full driving privileges are reinstated (all because i refused to take a breathalyzer)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
another interesting point was on the police report the officer wrote i had the car in drive. my car is a 5-speed so there was absolutely no way i had the car in drive while the motor was running. if the car was in gear i would have stalled out, motor dies. if i wasn't in gear i would have been in neutral showing i had no intentions of moving my vehicle.
if you were really trashed how do you know you didnt put it in drive and stall.. i mean not being a d**k.. but if i drink enough that i cant drive sometimes the details become a little hazy....

oh ill just drive home...
starts car... puts it in drive f**ks up car stalls
oh man f**k this ill just sleep here..
shuts off car..

i mean its not THAT hard to believe..?

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
next time put the keys in the gas door... me and my friends do it all the time

Voltio

formerly known as FAN8228
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why would you be afraid to tell your parents? I'm sure they already know you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer :oh:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Putting your keys in the ignition means that you have the intention to operate the vehicle, whether the car is in neutral/park or not.
Or that you wanted some music / AC / be able to roll the windows down?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea.. it doesn't exactly get warm or cool, but it'll blow some air on you... which can be nice if you've had too much to drink.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what deeeee hell??? sounds like your gonna waste a lot of money if this is your first offense..never been in this kinda situation but..Good luck man..

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dude, it doesnt matter if your car was in drive, or in gear or what. You had your keys in the ignition, that in and of itself shows the intention to drive, whether you meant to or not. The law is the law. And it is your responsibility to know the law in your area. Your fault, bottom line. Not to sound harsh. Im not saying that as a dickhead. Im just trying to explain the situation to you. It sucks, and I feel for you. I would NOT want to be faced with that kind of charge. Best bet is to tell your parents, maybe they will be sympathetic and help you out. You can tell them that you had NO intentions of driving, that will show responsibility (at least hopefully in their eyes).

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If the judge is rational he'll see the case. I think you mean how lenient he is.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just go to the court hearing, go in front of the judge and respectfully tell him the whole story. "I was drunk and didn't trust myself driving home. I put the keys in the ignition to....turn the heat on, radio, etc.... sometimes just stating that what you did wasn't the smartest, but that you know now that you won't bring your car when you drink, or you'll get a taxi or a ride home next time or whatever, some judges are cool enough to drop the charges to something lower. just gotta be respectful. my buddy was actually driving and go a dui, and he went in front of the judge and just admitted to doing it, and said it was a mistake and the judge didn't take away his license, and reduced the ticket in half. either way, your gonna be spending money, Lawyer, ticket, or lesser ticket

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah man, explain it to the judge and HOPE he just give you a slap on the wrist(meaning a fine)..................

If the lawyer is 100% you have a good chance of winning the case go for it. I would, a DUI on your record can close a lot of doors in future jobs and s**t. I know it did for me=(

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A few nights ago I went to the club and had a few drinks. I realized I was too drunk to drive and slept in my car. I did however have my keys in the ignition. A police officer pulled up and gave me a field sobriety test and arrested me. Is there any chance of having this thrown out? I wasn't even driving. (I'm on long island btw)
if you were in the car and you had the keys in the ignition.... you're f**ked! You're gonna have to fork out a s**t ton of cash to a lawyer if you want try and get it dropped. I don't know about N.Y. but around here you'd be looking at around at least $5k for a decent lawyer. Don't bother explaining s**t to the judge because he's heard every excuse under the sun. Let a lawyer do that for you.

but in other words.... you're f**ked. Better you than me tho! :lol:

Last edited:

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
next time put your keys under your hood and close it all the way and if a cop asks, you have no idea where you keys are someone let you in your car to sleep ;)