Dumb civic is burning oil.

Beastpatty

5+ Year Member
I tried getting emissions today, but it failed. The guy said Im burning oil...I kinda figured that much cause I'm always puffin out blue smoke once and a while...I'm really not looking forward to taking the head apart to replace valve seals, i'm considering just selling the civic and getting another one.

RonJ

Banned
Could be rings, valve seals, or head gasket. Do cylinder compression and leak down tests and then go from there.

RonJ

Banned
Replacing valve seals does not require head removal. If the piston rings were bad, I'd suggest that you simply replace the entire engine.

The compression and leak down tests will help you make the best decision on how to proceed.

Beastpatty

5+ Year Member
that sucks good thing there isnt emissions tests where i live.

have u tryed a thicker oil just to pass the emissions?
Thats what the guy said at the emissions place...but i'm really concidering selling it and getting another one...cause I dont have any money right now to do a motor swap...it's sucks :(

Beastpatty

5+ Year Member
get this...I was drivin up this hill for a good 2 min flat at 3,000 rpms and I started burning oil so bad faint smoke started comming in the car through the shifter nob. Cool story huh!? :|

TheExtra

5+ Year Member
get this...I was drivin up this hill for a good 2 min flat at 3,000 rpms and I started burning oil so bad faint smoke started comming in the car through the shifter nob. Cool story huh!? :|
Definitely is pretty cool, i would be concerned but as you dont seem to be i wont worry for you, i would only get wrinkles out of it. =D
Speaking of which ima go change my oil and plugs and check up on my car tomorrow in the evening.

Beastpatty

5+ Year Member
Definitely is pretty cool, i would be concerned but as you dont seem to be i wont worry for you, i would only get wrinkles out of it. =D
Speaking of which ima go change my oil and plugs and check up on my car tomorrow in the evening.
Yeah, I know what youre saying...I do care because its my daily driver for the winter so I dont have to drive my camaro...but i'm also a poor college student so I cant really swap the engine or anything.

TheExtra

5+ Year Member
Yeah, I know what youre saying...I do care because its my daily driver for the winter so I dont have to drive my camaro...but i'm also a poor college student so I cant really swap the engine or anything.
i didnt mean it like that lolz, i know what you mean about being broke i had to swap out my engine cuz it overheated and well you know, it died... I had to wait like 4 months to start doing something about it. it can get tough. :shock:

Beastpatty

5+ Year Member
I think the kid who owned it before me over heated the car for sure...Cause I'm guessing the piston rings are fried...and it had pink and green coolant in the radiator...lol. idk...If I had the money I would say peace to this motor and replace it with a B16a...
The civic I have now has a D15B2 block with D16z6 and I found out AFTER I bought the car...

Beastpatty

5+ Year Member
prolly that damn vtec.

if you get a new motor let me kno if the heads are any good.

and dont u mean a d15z6 head and not a d16? i didnt think they where interchangable.

lol dude, I dont even freakin know anymore. haha

Beastpatty

5+ Year Member
idk bro it was weird...I was at 3,000 rpms and for a very brief few seconds I saw some smoke inside the car ...It really looked like it was comming from inside the car but I wasnt lookin hard enough cause I was all drivin and s**t...but hopefully it was commin in through the window idk.

Beastpatty

5+ Year Member
Yes some times smoke comes out of the tail pipe when Im a little heavier on the throttle... It has a blueish grey tint to it.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Beastpatty

5+ Year Member

junkyards sell motors for $250

either that or do an oil change run a vavle cleaner bottle and maybe itll slow down the burning a bit.
This is kinda good news... But I would imagine the shittiest of shitty engines, But I could be wrong?
and as for the oil change...I would put thick ass oil in it with the additives...but I just dont think its worth it, winters commin and I think I should just replace the engine with a junkyard motor asap...:(

Beastpatty

5+ Year Member
hmmm Idk if I can trust a junkyard motor then. I mean the money and the time it takes to put it in...idk if it's all worth it. but I guess I'll have to call around and look at what I can find.

charlescl

5+ Year Member
yo

hey , I got a civic 95 hatch. and it reached the 220 000 km today .
What is bad is .. it burns so much oil , so i tried to put 10w40 oil instead
of 10w30 or 5w30 and it helps a lot , for me ! i Don't know if you want to put
a lot of money on your car but if not .. just do this and buy something specially for
oil burning at like canadian tire and it should reduce it .