Dyno time... Guess the numbers

PNK SLP

5+ Year Member
lol i was goin to say...u have one of the sweetest stangs and no vids?? i cant wait
i bet that sounds sooo mean on the street... hows the traction?

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i was goin to say...u have one of the sweetest stangs and no vids?? i cant wait
i bet that sounds sooo mean on the street... hows the traction?
Surprisingly, traction isn't too bad. Off boost the car is a little slow, so that helps with initial traction, but even once it hits boost it hooks up pretty well. I am running drag radials, but i figured it'd be worse.

f**k, the car even managed to spin the tires on the dyno, i don't know why it's hooking up so well on the street.

Now once we get that race tune done it's going to be another story. Traction is going to be non-existent.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What kinda temps are you running? Exhaust and water temps?

PNK SLP

5+ Year Member
Surprisingly, traction isn't too bad. Off boost the car is a little slow, so that helps with initial traction, but even once it hits boost it hooks up pretty well. I am running drag radials, but i figured it'd be worse.

f**k, the car even managed to spin the tires on the dyno, i don't know why it's hooking up so well on the street.

Now once we get that race tune done it's going to be another story. Traction is going to be non-existent.
god spun on a dyno? now thats insane i MUST see vids of this beast....lol

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What kinda temps are you running? Exhaust and water temps?
No EGT gauge and my stock water temp gauge is damn near worthless.

With that said, the turbine housing isn't pushing all that much heat, even after a couple dyno pulls with very little air flow it didn't seem too hot.

Water temp hasn't moved from where it sat when it was stock. We'll see what happens in the summer though. I'm a little worried, and it doesn't help that i can't go with a larger radiator because the turbo's in the way.

Oil temps are sitting fairly consistently at 190°, even after some decent pulls.

Looks like temps are mostly in control. Transmission temps are a little worrisome at the moment though, only because they are an unknown at the moment. Haven't had a chance to get the gauge hooked up.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow, really? I didn't expect them to stay around stock. Summer should push the limits though.

Thought about maybe a Ron Davis radiator?

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow, really? I didn't expect them to stay around stock. Summer should push the limits though.

Thought about maybe a Ron Davis radiator?
A stock size replacement aluminum radiator might work. If it's any thicker though, it's going to push into the turbine housing.

We'll see what happens when it starts to warm up a bit. Not too worried right now. I've got a hundred other things to take care of :cool:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Like, making sure that tranny doesn't give out :lol:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
WOw Im surprised that you still have decent traction.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Can I ask whats unique about your turbo setup that the Cobra decided to use instead to get more power?

DaveT

V.P Dave
5+ Year Member
14-15 psi??!! wow ummm...well maybe 570hp 600tq then and you should be fine on pump gas.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do noobs not read the first posts anymore?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
With that race gas + 20-21psi, I bet you'll be looking around the ballpark of 715-725rwhp. Should be fun! I can't wait until I squeeze that much out of the Suby ;P

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They're still good #'s, with ur plans for later, even better ones you going to get.

Nice man

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
14-15 psi??!! wow ummm...well maybe 570hp 600tq then and you should be fine on pump gas.
And you are shocked with the boost at 14-15 psi???

My rx-7 is daily driven at 1 bar (which is double the original boost) during the summer. I only get surprised when I hear of boost exceeding 19 psi.

I second on the updates. Any news?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
And you are shocked with the boost at 14-15 psi???

My rx-7 is daily driven at 1 bar (which is double the original boost) during the summer. I only get surprised when I hear of boost exceeding 19 psi.

I second on the updates. Any news?
Lol 14-15psi doesnt really surprise me that much either. Drove my friends EVO MR which runs on 20.16psi stock. So yea I agree that a car thats daily'd at anything below 20 doesnt really surprise me. Especially because it really doesnt make that much of a difference if you drive without hitting boost, which is easy :what:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I run 28psi daily...

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Lol 14-15psi doesnt really surprise me that much either. Drove my friends EVO MR which runs on 20.16psi stock. So yea I agree that a car thats daily'd at anything below 20 doesnt really surprise me. Especially because it really doesnt make that much of a difference if you drive without hitting boost, which is easy :what:
20 PSI?! Well those 4G63 engines do take a lot of beating... my neighbor has a Eagle Laser RS with the 4G63 motor boosted 26 PSI :shock: Subies take that kind of beating well.

Well I guess each motor has it's own forte...:lol: