Dyno'd my 06 Civic Si (stock).

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
matts2ksi said:
I guess so, but he's only had it for 'bout three weeks...that's why I asked...I would never do that.
If you do it right and do enough driving, three weeks is more then enough to break it in.... :what:

Edit: But I understand what you mean.... :P

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hondata is a full ecu obviously. why would you just get a chip. i think aem is junk actually. if they can't make decent products like intakes, cam gears, pulleys, etc without even testing well, how are they gonna make precision electronics? hondata is a legend and has been around alot longer than ems.

anyway, these newer cars can go 15-20k miles before being fully broken in. although after the first 1k most of the important things are already good.

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is a ruff dip, but an all time high for civic torque I believe!!!! A great base to start from, and a tune will help smooth that out.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Actually I almost never get to use that high end power, around town I barely rev it over 4k.

turboex17

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow very good numbers. Out of curiosity what did most em1 dyno at stock, does anybody know or remember?

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turboex17 said:
Wow very good numbers. Out of curiosity what did most em1 dyno at stock, does anybody know or remember?
This is also off of the jackson racing website.

138hp 98tq

turboex17

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HP for the em1 is cool but the torque is pathetic. Hey King Bob the dyno of the rsx-s you posted is of what year? I ask because the 05 rsx-s dynos higher, supposedly it was underrated and had more than just the claimed 10hp Honda said.

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
right where they should be, I've seen a few dyno sheets from SI and they all look similar

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got it off of jackson racing's site it was under 02-04 rsx-s so your guess is as good as mine?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm, get a vafc to fix that rich problem and bump the vtec down a few notches. that should be your first mod IMO

x_civic

Banned
i can say that the numbers weren't that bad....turned out a little better then i expected them to be.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
King Bob said:
awesome thats better than what I expected. I was expecting to see numbers closer to the dyno fraph of an rsx from jacksonracing.

So according to this our Si's are more powerful stock than a type S.

I know a lot of other factors can effect a dyno run but when the numbers are in my favor I I'll buy it :lol:
depends a lot on the dyno too.

mdoyle

5+ Year Member
Very nice numbers, right in line with Hasports 06 Si that was tested back in October.

SiRcivic27 said:
not a bad run but pre-vtec is kinda sad... I hate how it doesnt kick til 6K and red line 8. HP just kept on going up too, hopefully that means with some valvetrain work and some tuning, reving past 8 to maybe 9K RPM will have more power yet!
The stock valve train from the 06 will take 8600 RPM, just need to get rid of the fuel cut off.

Blahman240 said:
Also, hondata is garbage. Go with aem stand alone, or uberdata.
Have you ever even seen K Pro in use?

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mdoyle said:
Very nice numbers, right in line with Hasports 06 Si that was tested back in October.

The stock valve train from the 06 will take 8600 RPM, just need to get rid of the fuel cut off.

Have you ever even seen K Pro in use?
actually my car revs all the way to 8500 before the rev limiteter kicks in

mdoyle

5+ Year Member
8500 on the tach isn't actually 8500 RPM. That's not to say that the fuel cut off isn't at 8500 though. I still believe it to be low 8's.

Either way, 8600 is capable in the Si's stock form.