e-bay short shifters?

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what do you guys think about ebay short shifters is it worth really paying all that money for one of those name brand ones? what are your experiences with ebay shoft shifters if any

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your wee wee will break in haft.

kw8z3boi

I
5+ Year Member
Like everyone said, they break off. Including megan brand. Go for B&M, skunk2, and the popular one. When getting a short shifter, make sure you get new polyurthane bushing =]

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
For the most part they are fine. People only hear the bad things. These are sol left and right, and probably half of the people on the forum have them.
I mean, if 1000 are sold, and only 5 of those breaks, you should be fine. Its not that expensive anyways.

My brother has one in his car, its fine so far. When I drive it, I shift hard as f**k.

stcroix

5+ Year Member
ya they break when a gorrilla is speed shifting. if u take care of it like anything else itll last. id say go for it. cant beat the price. u could always buy a new one and still be cheaper than a b&m. they arent that hard to install

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my guy had one on his teg, it snapped in half while he was driving. i wouldn't get an ebay one.

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks for the input guys imma see bout buying a shifter in the next couple weeks just wanted to know. i dont shift that hard only a stock D series the reason i wanna change my shifter is because apparently when i got my car the savage that owned it previously cut it and didn't make the f**kin threads so i glued da shift knob with gorilla glue lmfao so i guess i have a OEM short shifter lol imma try to find a DIY on how to install the new shifter but i'll prolly save and buy a branded one

dyrcivic

5+ Year Member
bought one 4 years ago and the same shifter between two cars still nice and hard ;)

if you don't drive like a manic and shift hard as s**t then you should be fine with it.

but if you have the money buy skunk 2 or b&m

civic_stewie

5+ Year Member
i have had one for close to 2 years now and not one problem cost me 5 bucks!!! and i'm also pretty hard on it.

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
any body knows wheres a good diy for shifter i tried finding one but wasn't lucky

deemee

I am the Master...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Like everyone said, they break off. Including megan brand. Go for B&M, skunk2, and the popular one. When getting a short shifter, make sure you get new polyurthane bushing =]
damn i just bought a megan brand one, do they really just snap in half like that?

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I too have heard bad things about the ebay ones. Yeah it's cheap and it probably does happen to less than 1% of those sold but i would rather support the other companies that might actually put money into research and not just copying others.

BTW, where are you all finding these $55 B&M's? Cheapest i've seen is $90! Link?

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
supporting companies is alright i guess if u have the money but they dont support my pocket so f**k them lol

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i'd prefer having piece of mind my short shifter is not gonna snap on me on my way to work or school