E-brake button sucks

trippvail

Future Owner
Hey everyone, having an issue with my e-brake or parking brake or whatever you want to call it. The button falls in when you pull it up.

It is very difficult to drop the brake so that I can drive. When it is down it is out far enough to press, but barely.

The brake functions flawlessly otherwise, so I assume it is in the lever itself.

Any easy fix to this guys?

I thought I would consult your infinite wisdom before ripping into my console.

Thanks in advance.

RonJ

Banned
Remove the lever assembly and rubber boot covering the lower part of the handle to see whether you can identify the problem.

Attachments

lazii boi87

5+ Year Member
I just whent through that just grab the lever and push (pull) it right back in and there u go

rebirth

5+ Year Member
Had this issue with my 96

Hey everyone, having an issue with my e-brake or parking brake or whatever you want to call it. The button falls in when you pull it up.

It is very difficult to drop the brake so that I can drive. When it is down it is out far enough to press, but barely.

The brake functions flawlessly otherwise, so I assume it is in the lever itself.

Any easy fix to this guys?

I thought I would consult your infinite wisdom before ripping into my console.

Thanks in advance.
Remove the center armrest console and slide it back. Believe there is 2 screws on each side. There is a nut connecting to that lever right in front of where the rear ashtray sits. Take a deep socket (10mm I think it was) and tighten the nut. Just don't over tighten. Takes 10min or less. If you still can't figure it out I'll upload a picture from the manual or take a picture of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

trippvail

Future Owner
I fixed this today actually. Took everything apart and saw that adjustment you were both talking about. Ended up being the plastic handle was pulled up and was covering the button. Thanks for your help guys!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome! Glad to hear you got it fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk