Eagle Talon TSI!

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
Alright c.c. I have been off for quite some time now because I just picked up a 1995 Eagle Talon TSI fwd. ( :???: ). It has just over 85k original miles, and I am the second owner! I love the car, but it does have its quarky things about it since it is a DSM afterall. So far the previous owner just wanted it to look nice. However currently installed is a catless 3"dp to a Thermal R+D catback, FMIC, Greddy type s bov, Injen hard pipe, and a walbro 255lph pump.
Over the winter/spring I will be putting on a Holset HX35 turbo, 1000cc FIC injectors, aeromotive AFPR, DSMlink v3 and hopefully HKS 272/264 cams.

CHECK HER OUT!!!

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
This is her current state, and one with my civic in the pic!

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You'll need two big tanks of NOS...

just saying

On a serious note, thats a big holset for a stock bottom end 7 bolt dont you think? What about a hx30 or that he30 or what ever it is, comes on the second gen cummins 12 valves I think. It is very clean, just need to be toned down just a wee bit IMO

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
O...M...G....... Doin' wheelies at the stop light all day! At least the paint and engine bay don't look bad so that's a plus.

~ 98 Talon TSi owner (I need a motor)

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
The mods are in the first post. haha
And yeah yeah I would rather have the factory bumper and wing on it but it was all done very well so I'm just going to leave it. As far as I know, the hx35 was the one on the cummins. It is about the same size as a FP green turbo, and the bottom end is actually quite strong. I will be looking into building it up a bit before I run crazy boost but to run 20psi it will be fine.
IDK if any of you remember me asking about an srt4 and other cars that would beat my buddies 2011civic si. Well he supercharged it with a st. 2 ct engineering. We did some LEGAL pulls and we were dead even all the way up to 140mph where we would just let off. :D

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've never been a huge fan of Talons or any DSM for that matter, but that's perdy clean! Do they have the transmission issues that Eclipses have (i.e. they blow up like crazy after about 340hp)?

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
Eh its like a subie I suppose, if ya don't hammer the sh** out of them, they should be alright. Plus shepard trans are easy to pick up so when it does happen its not like you need to wait a while to fix it.

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
And thank you :D I love it!
Makes me appreciate my civic though just for the everyday trust I can have with it... and the gas mileage...