easiest way to remove cup holder

Chief Slapaho

Registered Tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
97 ex coupe... whats the easiest way to remove the cup holder? already tried to search and also looked in my haynes manual, but its telling me i have to remove my entire dash. i know thats bullshit lol, so does anyone know a quicker way? basically the lid wont shut because the latch is broken which is why i want it out. it annoys me. if theres a way to just replace the latch or just the lid, then let me know also. thanks.

ryanM

umm are you serious?

take out your center console (like 6 screws)

then take out your cupholder (like 4 more screws)

Chief Slapaho

Registered Tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
umm are you serious?

take out your center console (like 6 screws)

then take out your cupholder (like 4 more screws)
yeah...i was serious. i didnt even look in my car yet, i just looked in my haynes manual since it was right in front of me. it said i had to take off the whole dash and i knew it was BS, thats why i just asked instead of going out to look

wfw12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^^^ haha

2 screws on each side up by the dash of the centre console
1 screw on each side beside the seats
1 screw on each side below the arm rest
2 screws on each side of the cup holder

just pull the lid off, theres a how-to on here

Chief Slapaho

Registered Tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^^^ haha

2 screws on each side up by the dash of the centre console
1 screw on each side beside the seats
1 screw on each side below the arm rest
2 screws on each side of the cup holder

just pull the lid off, theres a how-to on here
easy enough.

ryanM

why would you make a thread without LOOKING at your car first.

its not hard to figure out...

all it takes is half a brain and a screwdriver.

Big_Mull_Style

none shall pass
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was going to make a thread asking how to open my glove compartment door but seeing the reactions here I don't think I will anymore.

Chief Slapaho

Registered Tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why would you make a thread without LOOKING at your car first.

its not hard to figure out...

all it takes is half a brain and a screwdriver.
did i f**king say it was hard to figure it out? chill the f**k out dude, this is HONDA TECH forum. people come here with questions that they want answered, thats what this is here for. if you have an answer, then f**kin answer without the bitching.

Big_Mull_Style

none shall pass
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did i f**king say it was hard to figure it out? chill the f**k out dude, this is HONDA TECH forum. people come here with questions that they want answered, thats what this is here for. if you have an answer, then f**kin answer without the bitching.
You're obviously getting frustrated after checking out your car yourself and not being able to figure out how to get the cup holders out still.

Chief Slapaho

Registered Tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're obviously getting frustrated after checking out your car yourself and not being able to figure out how to get the cup holders out still.
ha ok. youre just as cool as the other guy i guess. man, you guys are such hard asses. i wish i was as good at talking trash on the internet as you two.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lemme explain this real quick.

1). This is the internet
2). Try to do some investigation yourself about stuff like this. Spend a few minutes on google and i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. There is a thread on here about relocating your head unit to where the cup holders used to be.
3.)Any one else that flames, including the OP, will get a warning.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i dont understand why everyone has to give the guy problems...we were all at this point once, still learing how to work on our cars...and most of us came on here for our questions. give the dude a break.

hop-1

5+ Year Member
i dont understand why everyone has to give the guy problems...we were all at this point once, still learing how to work on our cars...and most of us came on here for our questions. give the dude a break.
make love not war.
just not with each other.