Easy Badge Removal

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wouldnt that still scratch your car though???

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's plastic and rounded at the end. I've never scratched anythign in the least bit with a plastic razor blade. You can fid them at body shops too I think. I can't remember where we got the ones I have at home from.

If you really can't get the adhesive off, now... this is going to be a little scary sounding maybe... but I know how to get it off. Make sure the car is in the shade and has already been washed. Bring out a bowl from the kitchen (just a small one that's not plastic so it doesn't keep the flavor of this stuff). Now take brake cleaner or carb cleaner and spray it into the bowl. You only need a tiny puddle of it. Dip a cotton swap (for smaller spaces) or a cotton rag into the cleaner and scrub away. I keep a hose nearby so I can flush the area too. It will take it right off. Just again, make sure you flush the area well.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
It's plastic and rounded at the end. I've never scratched anythign in the least bit with a plastic razor blade. You can fid them at body shops too I think. I can't remember where we got the ones I have at home from.

If you really can't get the adhesive off, now... this is going to be a little scary sounding maybe... but I know how to get it off. Make sure the car is in the shade and has already been washed. Bring out a bowl from the kitchen (just a small one that's not plastic so it doesn't keep the flavor of this stuff). Now take brake cleaner or carb cleaner and spray it into the bowl. You only need a tiny puddle of it. Dip a cotton swap (for smaller spaces) or a cotton rag into the cleaner and scrub away. I keep a hose nearby so I can flush the area too. It will take it right off. Just again, make sure you flush the area well.
sounds kinda dangerous...have you ever tried hairspay? i was told to do that...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No. I've never had a problem with carb/brake cleaner though. Test it on somethign you don't need perhaps. You'll see it's not as bad as you think it is. It doesn't just strip paint right away at all. i've never seen ANY damage by it.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wish me luck !

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
while we are on the topic, i just washed my car in 40 degree weather... dedicated? [/threadjack]

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
IT WORKEDDD !!! IT WORKED !! WEEE.. thanks for the help guys =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
toneekay said:
IT WORKEDDD !!! IT WORKED !! WEEE.. thanks for the help guys =)
Awesome! So, what did you end up using?
99EBPSi said:
while we are on the topic, i just washed my car in 40 degree weather... dedicated? [/threadjack]
Janurary 25, 2005. I'm not sure what the temperature it was... but it was cold. Freshly washed (the crap under the front bumper is what fell out when I was washing). The hose was frozen so I carried water in buckets from the kitchen, through the garage, to my car.

The day before. Those are my old headlights btw. New ones are just over a year old (as of July I think).

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well i looked around for brake cleaner.. i didnt have any but then i found a bottle of CARB & CHOKE cleaner.. good enough, then i got Q tips and soaked the ends and patted it on the adhesive and let it dry for like 2 minutes and rubbed it off. at first it didnt wanna come off but i just went ahead and did it over and over until it eventually came off. =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sweet. No problems with the paint either, right?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nope. no problems at all.. the only thing is that if you look really close, youll see the outline of the retangle =/ but its all good.. unless u guys knoe a way to get rid of that, i would appriciate it bunches =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Try doign a small detail over at least that section. I'll assume you've all properly detailed your Civics. :P

Anyway, clay, polish and then wax. The clay and polish should take anything nasty off, use compound if the polish doesn't do it. The wax will protect the area afterwards.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well see thats the problem.. i dont have all that material.. and to buy all that maybe about 10-15 bucks.. that much money to do something little.. is it really worth it?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I definately think it's worth it. It's car care and brings up the value of your car. My car looks like a different car because I detail it. My car used to be pink on top. Detailing makes cars look new. I don't understand how people can be concerned with the looks of their car (mods and such), but not detail it.

I'd do the entire car though. Oh, and usually those products are around $5-10 apiece besides the clay bar which is usually around $15. The bottles last forever though. And don't forget microfiber towels too.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm you have a good point. up till this date ive been taking real good care of my car since its new and all =) but i never really detailed every area. i might have to hit up the car wash today and clean up the interior =D

..and hose it down with PINA COLADA scent =P