Ebay CTR lip VS CTR JDM LIP (OEM)

slowek11

I am debating in buying an eBay 96-98 CTR front lip or an authentic 96-98 CTR front lip. The cost for original lip is double then the eBay one. I looked them both online looked identical just want to know whats the big difference besides the price??? Do you guys know?

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
ask the sellers how they ship them, make sure they ship them in a full sized box, meaning they dont bend it at all, i have heard horror stories of people getting in there lips and its been all bent up to get into a smaller packaging.
from what i hear there is no difference, they are made of the same material, im pretty sure that most guys get their lips of ebay.
but thats just my cents. its going to get pretty beat up from driving and stuff regardless of which one you get. so if it was me i would go with the cheaper one.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's really just about having the real deal vs a knock off. like choosing mugen rims over rota's.
they both look good, and if you get quality parts even knock offs will look good. The dif is knocks offs wont get you into magazines or winning contests, but for a DD they are fine. Only buy knock offs for looks, dont ever buy suspension or engine pieces that are knock offs though, besides an intake.

slowek11

Yeah thats true i want it for the looks not really trying to enter and contests right now ha ha plus they are gonna be worn as a daily driver so eBay it is

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the problem with replica parts, is the fitment isn't always great. but if your willing to risk fitment issues to save some money, then all the power to ya. gl with whatever decision you make

armoOndo408

i got my ctr lip from ebay for $50.. i have no problems with mine.. just make sure they ship it in a full box