eBay exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honda4ever

Banned
hello cc

i was planning on getting a cat-back exhaust system for my civic and i dont have much money either, but i do have money for a full eBay cat-back exhaust system for $170 i know the welding on them is pretty f**kin cheap but i guess i could reweld and maybe they could be better. alright well tell me what u guys think and ill go from there

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For one, eBay doesn't make parts. There is no such thing as "eBay exhaust". There is cheap junk exhaust parts that are sold by shoddy venders ON eBay.

Second, why not save up and get good exhaust? Put this $170 away and keep adding to it... Why would you want to by junk only to have to re-weld or have it fail in a short period of time when you can wait and do it RIGHT the first time and not have to worry about it again?

Why the cat back? Why not get a good muffler and get it welded on? No need for the cat back.

It isn't so much just the welds on the junk exhaust, it's the cheap crappy thin material that it's made out of coupled with the shitty welds.

Honda4ever

Banned
For one, eBay doesn't make parts. There is no such thing as "eBay exhaust". There is cheap junk exhaust parts that are sold by shoddy venders ON eBay.

Second, why not save up and get good exhaust? Put this $170 away and keep adding to it... Why would you want to by junk only to have to re-weld or have it fail in a short period of time when you can wait and do it RIGHT the first time and not have to worry about it again?

Why the cat back? Why not get a good muffler and get it welded on? No need for the cat back.

It isn't so much just the welds on the junk exhaust, it's the cheap crappy thin material that it's made out of coupled with the s***ty welds.
lol my bad and no i dont want to add a fart cannon to my car if thats what ur saying and yes I want a cat-back because thats how i roll in the jdm im just asking if it would still be nice if it isint one of the top brands like apexi or HKS and greddy etc....

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are other mufflers besides "fart cannons". The name brand companies that make the highly sought after cat back and full exhaust kits also sell their mufflers separate. Cat back exhaust is usually bolt on or slip on types that make it so the buyer doesn't have to do any welding.

To answer the question about the cheap junk not being as nice as the apexi or hks, the answer is no. The quality is no where near the quality of the high brands.

By re-reading I am thinking you are getting confused on what a cat back and a muffler is. A cat back is just a muffler that has the pipe that goes all the way up to the end of the cat, whereas the muffler by its self is just that, a muffler. You need to cut off your old muffler and weld the new one on. You use your existing piping. Only need for the cat back is if you don't have the skills or access to a welder, you are going bigger piping for some reason, or your piping is rotted out.

Honda4ever

Banned
There are other mufflers besides "fart cannons". The name brand companies that make the highly sought after cat back and full exhaust kits also sell their mufflers separate. Cat back exhaust is usually bolt on or slip on types that make it so the buyer doesn't have to do any welding.

To answer the question about the cheap junk not being as nice as the apexi or hks, the answer is no. The quality is no where near the quality of the high brands.

By re-reading I am thinking you are getting confused on what a cat back and a muffler is. A cat back is just a muffler that has the pipe that goes all the way up to the end of the cat, whereas the muffler by its self is just that, a muffler. You need to cut off your old muffler and weld the new one on. You use your existing piping. Only need for the cat back is if you don't have the skills or access to a welder, you are going bigger piping for some reason, or your piping is rotted out.
no i dont need the muffler only because my whole exhaust has a problem and i want to replace just seeing if ebay exhaust would last lol my bad i mistyped

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't buy one. I installed a cheap no name cat back exhaust from eBay that the previous owner of my '91 Si wanted on there. The fitment is crap. I had to drill out the 3 holes on the flange for it to line up with the catylitic converter. Then I had to wrestle all the piping together as it barely fit together. And the "muffler" is not a muffler, it is LITERALLY a tin can. And ecause the "muffler" is sonlarge, it rubs against the spare wheel tun in the hatch. There is NOTHING inside of it, so it does not do much to reduce sound. It is quite loud, blew 94db from 50 feet at one of my races. It sounds like complete ass, very buzzy and raspy.

The ONLY good thing, and this applies moreso in my situation for racing, is that since the metal is cheap and thin and there is NOTHING in the "muffler", it is about the lightest exhaust that could be put on without going to aluminum.

Needless to say, I'll be replacing this sh*tty exhaust over the off season. Can't stand it, it's embarrassing.

If this is your daily driver, avoid any cheap exhaust found on eBay.

JGvtec

The names Jordan
I totally regret buying my ebay exhaust. I only bought the tip... but still the sound is so shitty. If I were to do it again I would buy a flow master muffler with 2.5 all the way back. If you go to one of those small exhaust shops its generally 10x cheaper than a major place would charge.

Honda4ever

Banned
Don't buy one. I installed a cheap no name cat back exhaust from eBay that the previous owner of my '91 Si wanted on there. The fitment is crap. I had to drill out the 3 holes on the flange for it to line up with the catylitic converter. Then I had to wrestle all the piping together as it barely fit together. And the "muffler" is not a muffler, it is LITERALLY a tin can. And ecause the "muffler" is sonlarge, it rubs against the spare wheel tun in the hatch. There is NOTHING inside of it, so it does not do much to reduce sound. It is quite loud, blew 94db from 50 feet at one of my races. It sounds like complete ass, very buzzy and raspy.

The ONLY good thing, and this applies moreso in my situation for racing, is that since the metal is cheap and thin and there is NOTHING in the "muffler", it is about the lightest exhaust that could be put on without going to aluminum.

Needless to say, I'll be replacing this sh*tty exhaust over the off season. Can't stand it, it's embarrassing.

If this is your daily driver, avoid any cheap exhaust found on eBay.
lol thnaks for the advice i drive an auto it my first car and i heard loud exhausts sound very good on an automatic is that true tho?

Honda4ever

Banned
I totally regret buying my ebay exhaust. I only bought the tip... but still the sound is so s***ty. If I were to do it again I would buy a flow master muffler with 2.5 all the way back. If you go to one of those small exhaust shops its generally 10x cheaper than a major place would charge.
oh damn

Shinta

5+ Year Member
You seem to be to have already made up your mind that you want a catback exhaust. Why not save up 100 more and get a yonaka? From what I have read they have pretty decent welds and piping. So it seems to me it might be a overall a good product at half the price of the name brand exhaust. Thats what i would get if they had 3 in exhaust and was tight in cash. The point lethal is trying to make is to make smart purchases. No need to buy a 150 exhaust at ebay only to have it fall apart in a couple of months. Save up money and buy it once then you won't have to worry again. And hey dont knock the axel back exhaust it's a good buy. I have a ws2 axel back on mine with 2.5 piping and have no complaints. What exhaust problem do you have by the way?

Honda4ever

Banned
You seem to be to have already made up your mind that you want a catback exhaust. Why not save up 100 more and get a yonaka? From what I have read they have pretty decent welds and piping. So it seems to me it might be a overall a good product at half the price of the name brand exhaust. Thats what i would get if they had 3 in exhaust and was tight in cash. The point lethal is trying to make is to make smart purchases. No need to buy a 150 exhaust at ebay only to have it fall apart in a couple of months. Save up money and buy it once then you won't have to worry again. And hey dont knock the axel back exhaust it's a good buy. I have a ws2 axel back on mine with 2.5 piping and have no complaints. What exhaust problem do you have by the way?
yeah thanks i might actually save up and just take the bus to school lol worth it and the exhaust problem i had was i had an aftermarket header with downpipe and everything else stock besides my apexi muffler I was racing and i was going hella fast i guess my engine was too strong on the stock piping and it snapped in half got pulled over because i was speeding and OPEN HEADERS wtf...

emerican

Registered VIP
going to head this off before it happens no flamming guys
Op ebay is s**t you have almost enough to get a yonaka catback they are 249 shipped to your door, will sound alot better and last alot longer than any no name ebay s**t. The yonaka is the same exhaust that i have and i love it.

cuetip

Registered VIP
what i do is get a muffler that i like and get some custom pipe bent from an exhaust shop... for my civic i spent 110 bucks on bent piping all the way through the car and another 50 or 60 on buying the muffler

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
I love my yonaka catback. I've had it on for about two years now in New England winters and it is still great. Smooth, surprisingly deeper tone. :D

ekn00b96

i have an invidia bolted up to dc headers and it sounds AMAZING. almost every honda lover i've come across swears up and down its a b series. but its a little d16y7 =)

i recommend them all day every day.

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
i have an invidia bolted up to dc headers and it sounds AMAZING. almost every honda lover i've come across swears up and down its a b series. but its a little d16y7 =)

i recommend them all day every day.
Do you have a sound clip of it? I'm rather curious as well haha

Honda4ever

Banned
holy s***....this is horrible. sell your ricer and get a kia dude. or buy QUALITY parts. we all get that you want to rush and get good s*** fast. but you're doing EVERYTHING wrong so far. crappy paint, crappy lowering, and HORRIBLE exhaust. your motor isn't "too strong" cause its an automatic d16. it didn't "blow anything off" your s***s just horribly built and unreliable. get the right s***. save up. spend smart. build right. or ditch the honda.
sell my ricer? get a kia? hahaha I really dont see the point in spending on "quality parts'" on an auto.really ive answered my own question and yeah its automatic but fast as hell I just raced it 3 nights ago and beat an eclipse stock manual this is good for now.:lol:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
yeah thanks i might actually save up and just take the bus to school lol worth it and the exhaust problem i had was i had an aftermarket header with downpipe and everything else stock besides my apexi muffler I was racing and i was going hella fast i guess my engine was too strong on the stock piping and it snapped in half got pulled over because i was speeding and OPEN HEADERS wtf...
:umno:

Will you just please listen to what they are telling you, they are just trying to steer you in the right direction but you never seem to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.