Ebay grills.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fake cf is uber-GHEY

The 2nd one is for a 99-00 civic. From your sig picture looks like you have a 96-98.

Have to get a grill from a 96-98.

Ebay grills aren't bad. Might have fitment issues that you have to deal with.

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for the most far they fit..just look at the seller feedback....Kust know the first one is a "carbon fiber" look..not the real deal

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know...blehh. I keep looking at all the ones on ebay, and I just need help actually finding one that will decently fit...

Anyone think this is decent?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-HONDA-CIVIC-96-98-97-CTR-GRILLE-DX-LX-EX-CX-97-EK9_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQihZ006QQitemZ160175672527QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It has the same little bots at does mine. Im pretty sure it would fit. Opinions before I buy?

Petey told me to look at the junkyard and make my own...but of course I couldnt find one.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know...blehh. I keep looking at all the ones on ebay, and I just need help actually finding one that will decently fit...

Anyone think this is decent?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-HONDA-CIVIC-96-98-97-CTR-GRILLE-DX-LX-EX-CX-97-EK9_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQihZ006QQitemZ160175672527QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It has the same little bots at does mine. Im pretty sure it would fit. Opinions before I buy?

Petey told me to look at the junkyard and make my own...but of course I couldnt find one.
Yes that one is good, as long as it's not the ghey CF look.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a eBay CTR style grill, and fitment is perfect. :what:

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
To tell you the truth. You are probably going to hate the grill. I bought a Ebay grill and was horrified by the quality of the piece. Its just one big molded piece of plastic. What I did though is I took apart my factory grill cut out the inside (as per a how to on club civic) and attached that to my factory grill. now it looks mucho better!

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
To tell you the truth. You are probably going to hate the grill. I bought a Ebay grill and was horrified by the quality of the piece. Its just one big molded piece of plastic. What I did though is I took apart my factory grill cut out the inside (as per a how to on club civic) and attached that to my factory grill. now it looks mucho better!
Yeah I had a molded one piece that was SHITTY. Fit great but if you painted it the mesh was plastic and molded in.

My current ctr style grill is plastic but the mesh is bolt on so I can take it off when I paint the grill.

OP sorry man but you just bought a single piece plastic grill that you can't take the mesh out of. In order to paint that you will have to do some taping of the mesh grill.

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It doesnt look to cheap though. It looks pretty decent. If it is, then I will just do a little DIY on it. Im only 16, I can't afford all this nice stuff you guys roll with. ;)

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have gotten two different grills off Ebay for my 98 Civic EX..
They both fit fine but the black plastic one with the plastic mesh (all one piece)
only clips to the bumper, where as the other one (chrome w/ chrome mesh)
bolts to the bumper just like the factory one. (much better):cool:

whiteej8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you are getting the 99-00 si grille the best advise i could give you is to save your money and go to honda and get an oem grille and mesh.....it's expensive but trust me you wont go wrong with oem parts........if it's 96-98 go with ebay and get the type r style one..............good luck and keep us updated.....

cruizer

5+ Year Member
i got a 96-98 "CF style" grille for free and im actually planning on getting an OEM one cause its SUCKS....it doesnt bolt to the bumper so it rattles all the time.....hopefully yours bolts to the bumper though

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thats the only problem with eBay grills...you might have some fitment issues but if worse comes to worse, just drill some holes for where they should be for the OEM location and zip tie or screw in the grill so that it fits all nice and snug.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats the only problem with eBay grills...you might have some fitment issues but if worse comes to worse, just drill some holes for where they should be for the OEM location and zip tie or screw in the grill so that it fits all nice and snug.
....I should prolly do that to mine. Cause mine just kinda slides into the bumper, and clips into where the stock one clips into on the rad. support....

Rdeezy78

5+ Year Member

I got one and I had to also bolt it to my bumper even with the upper clips. Looks ok though. Good luck

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a Type R Style grill on my 99 coupe and it fits perfect. I've posted a photoshoot on Honda-Tech and a few have even said "I thought that was an OEM SI..?" when I mentioned it was just a knock-off.