EBAY HEADER AND RESONATED TEST PIPE ("highflow cat") on D16y8

DJDM97CIVICEX

Devin97CivicEX
5+ Year Member
So I just installed an ebay header and test pipe on my 97 civic ex and now my CEL is on. I think it may be because of an exhaust leak somewhere and its thowing the post cat 02 off? Or maybe the post cat 02 sensor is detecting exhaust its not used to because of the actual catalyatic converter not being there anymore? I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem? Or if someone has any suggestions on what I should do?

Btw Im actually really suprised:suprise:http://www.clubcivic.com/board/images/smilies/icon_surprised.gif at the way my car sounds now with the header and test pipe. I thought it was going to sound raspy but not at all its really throaty and responsive with my 5zigen muffler... I like it and would probably recomend it to anyone thats looking at buying these off ebay. :suprise:http://www.clubcivic.com/board/images/smilies/icon_surprised.gif

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's because you don't have a catalytic converter, you need to get a simulator

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^

very very interesting....

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how much did you get those two items from ebay just wondering

killthisish

OMG LOL!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
can you really trust this ebay header?
No. And since you live in CA like me, I wouldn't recommend you get it considering it's not CARB Legal and it will probably s**t out on you in no time.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
can you really trust this ebay header?
Nope, I just had a stainless steel 4-1 type R that I've had for like 2 months on my gsr swap crack on the bottom of 2 runners, I didn't even hit anything, the pipe is just cracking. I just went ahead and bought a Dc type R header b/c I figured I don't want to change it again.