96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Remember that old saying "you get what you pay for"

So yeah this stuff will probably work, but I wouldn't count on it giving you huge gains and/or lasting very long.
But, to say you're boosted, it'll get the job done.

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea what he said lol.. basically you have a 14 year old car which most likely has 150k miles plus, esp on a d16y7.. hands down a d16y7 is hard to get power out of esp if its an auto...

andrewthesith

Darth "The Si" Vader
let us be clear... EBAY is NOT a brand. Ebay is an online auction website where companies sell products.

now that we're clear on that. the $800 you'd spend on that junk kit would buy you a decent B series long block.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that kit is junk, find something that looks like it will actually fit, something like one of these kits

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Civic-EG-D15-D16-T3-T3-T4-Turbo-Kit-Keep-AC-and-Power-Steering-Ram-Horn-Manifold-/171487287492?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ed7058c4&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-1992-2000-CIVIC-D15-D16-SOHC-Cast-Iron-T3-T3-T4-FULL-Turbo-Kit-Bolt-On-BOV-/321310588072?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4acf9a7ca8&vxp=mtr

the cast iron manifold will probably outlast the custom ebay tig welded manifold. the main question is do you have a/c and do you want to keep it? if you have it and want to keep it its going to be a pain in the ass, i would only buy quality parts like the manifold, turbo and downpipe from goautoworks or rcautoworks, those are the 3 major components that would cause you to toss the ac if none of them fit perfect.next up would be the intercooler piping, the dx does not have a hole in the passenger side frame for intake piping to go through like an ex, this requires you to route the piping some other way or drill a 3 inch hole with a hole saw or something.

a y8 jackson racing super charger will bolt up to a y7 im pretty sure, with a quick 2 minute google i found quite a bit of supercharged d16y7 motors.

ninjaturtlecar

how well would the supercharger bolt on? and for the second ebay link what is the difference? im just not very knowledgeable with all of this stuff.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the main difference is the cast manifold on the second link, both share the cheap knock off parts. some parts are ok to cheap out on and some are not, im running an ebay intercooler and used to run ebay piping but i recently upgraded piping. the 3 things i would not cheap out on are turbo, wastegate and bov, if your wastegate malfunctions then you overboost and run lean which leads to a blown motor, if the bov malfunctions it just shortens the life of the turbo because when the throttle shuts all the compressed air stops and flows back through the turbo spinning it backwards sometimes. a cheap turbo will be ok for a little it just depends how much power you want and how reliable you want it, alot of ebay turbos end up burning oil causing your car to smoke when you get on it.

the supercharger will bolt right up to the y7 head but you can look everything else up