ebay turbo kits

19ef90

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are they worth the money?

im looking into one so i can turbo my stock d series motor.
it says 5-20 PSI, so im thinking id run about 7 or 8 PSI until i can build the internals, then i can run it at a higher PSI.

what im asking is what are your thoughts on this method.

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well it would help seeing some pictures and saying what the parts are..:nopics:

zb12691

Ebuilt Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Theres 2 threads started with the same question... ebay kits suck! bottom line!
have you ran one? i have one i bought used and its great, the kit has been running for like 2.5 years now. wastegate did go and some things didnt fit quite right. but it you can work around some of the problems they can make a decent kit for cheap. just use a oil restrictor. or else

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can piece a junkyard turbo kit yourself off DSM's for cheaper. not to mention better quality.

but yeah, this has been covered a MILLION times so just take time to search the site or google.

94civickid

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i ran a kit like that never had a problem with the turbo or mani but there is stuff that doesnt fit very well the intercooler and piping for example if you do go this route piece it together becuz a lot of the stuff in that kit is not needed but like extra accessories

also that kit wont have you rolling so dont think that you buy that and good to go that kit doesnt have a downpipe you will still need injectors a tune ect.....so piece one together man its your best bet

94civickid

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i hear you on that same here but what i am sayin is dont fall for one of those kits that your looking at even if you do go ebay set up piece it together on ebay f**k it the way i see it i have heard many ppl run an ebay turbo and had it reliable just do it right and not mickey mouse

19ef90

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i hear you on that same here but what i am sayin is dont fall for one of those kits that your looking at even if you do go ebay set up piece it together on ebay f**k it the way i see it i have heard many ppl run an ebay turbo and had it reliable just do it right and not mickey mouse
trust me, if im gonna buy one im gonna look around and find the best one i can find for the money spent. =)
i dont want some un reliable POS on my car. lolz

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would, but the junk yards around here suck!
that's just what they're called. search around for the pieces on the net locally.

but that price isn't bad on that link you posted. alot of s**t comes with it. that is if it's legit.

19ef90

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that's just what they're called. search around for the pieces on the net locally.

but that price isn't bad on that link you posted. alot of s**t comes with it. that is if it's legit.
thats what i was thinkin, for the money spent it would be a nice started package with alot of parts..

your only in holland bro, thats pretty close.
i live like half an hour north of muskegon, which is just north of holland. lolz been there a few times too.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm sure those shitty ebay kits work well with low boost(4-6psi). But, why would you b***h foot it with a low psi? Do it right the first time, especially with boost and do a lot of research. When you do that, do it again. Then slowly and carefully piece together your turbo. Then research again, just because. Look for a good turner in your area, go talk to him/her/them, get to know them a bit, let them know your plans, what you want to achieve. They will help you.

Research.

But, what do I know? I haven't boosted my car nor have I purchased a shitty ebay kit.