EBay turbo kits

5spdJake

I've been looking around ebay a little bit just to get an idea of What kind of kits they have to offer, and I wanted to get your guys' opinion on the quality of most ebay kits.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221189238495?nav=SEARCH

Is a kit like this more likely to blow my engine (sooner at least) than a more expensive one?
From what I've researched my engine (d16y7) can handle just over 200 whp stock so I want to stay safely under that around 180.

Thanks for any input. Also my engine has 255k KM

~99 DX Hatch stock ~

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Read these EMUSA Turbo reviews on D-Series.org and Honda-Tech.com. I found these on a quick :google: search.

The general consensus seems to be they are hit or miss in quality, but they last longer if you under-utilize them and use an oil restrictor.

BigHek

EmUsa isn't terrible. Ive personally bad and good. CX racing is your next best. but personally I would go with Godspeed. I know lots of ppl that swear by godspeed and I know a guy that runs 20psi daily

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just save money and piece your own kit together yourself. It will be more expensive than a cheap "ebay" turbo kit, but cheaper than buying a kit such as Full Race. And by piecing your own kit together you get to buy the exact parts you want. But I would recommend doing a LOT of research first before you do any turbo thinking.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
I have a godspeed and it is nice if i upgrade anything it will be the turbo itself. The only thing i had to do was make the oil hole on the flange they gave me that mounts to the turbo a little bit bigger because the turbo would stop spinning at a idle like it was not getting enough oil never had the problem since then.