Ebay turbo

d-proff

5+ Year Member
i no they are supposed to be junk because its cheap and not high quality on somehting that really needs to be dependable but i was curious whats the usual life on them i seen few people say a month and wastegate got stuck open some say year and a half without any problems what kind of luck do you guys usally get. (i no you should never trust ebay for quality before someone jumps my case on even asking a dumb question so i no before you have to remind me)

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i personally would not use an ebay turbo. i have a friend who rocked an ebay turbo kit and it lasted him for a year on hard driving too. but he was not tuned. if you where to get an ebay turbo and have your car tuned, that turbo probably would not hold up. tunes push your car to the max. if i did absolutely have to run an ebay turbo, it would be ok for regular daily driving, nothing hard. or maybe if i needed to get to point A to swap turbos out then yes. but dont ebay turbo just to say your turbo. turbo your car right the first time.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You get what you pay for man...Just piece together your own kit, it wouldn't run you much more than buying an ebay one...

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can tune it to be more reliable, you don't always have to tune to the max.

besides that point, screw ebay turbos.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i personally would not use an ebay turbo. i have a friend who rocked an ebay turbo kit and it lasted him for a year on hard driving too. but he was not tuned. if you where to get an ebay turbo and have your car tuned, that turbo probably would not hold up. tunes push your car to the max. if i did absolutely have to run an ebay turbo, it would be ok for regular daily driving, nothing hard. or maybe if i needed to get to point A to swap turbos out then yes. but dont ebay turbo just to say your turbo. turbo your car right the first time.
tunes push the motor to the max...not the turbo...no matter what the tune is....its not gonna effect the turbo....what matters is how much psi is pushed thru the turbo....if the car isnt tuned its gonna hurt the motor itself...not the turbo lol

if you decide to go with a ebay turbo make sure to get a oil restrictor for the oil feed....thats what everyones problem is....they run the turbo without a restrictor and it blows the bearings....

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ebay turbos are good for someone who is just starting up with boost. Use the hell out of one and then when its time to upgrade, buy a garret or turbonetics. (if you blow up an ebay turbo, it doesn't matter cuz they are cheap as hell)

VTEC_Civic97

5+ Year Member
theres a HUGE thread about his on H-T and a lot of ppl said that they've had pretty good luck with ebay turbos, as long as you run a restrictor line, and check that everything is tight before you install it should be ok...it got me thinking of ordering one too, but i think i'll just piece one together instead and buy maybe the piping and intercooler from ebay

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dont put cheap parts on your car unless you are cheap...seriously..

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i know a lot of people that run ebay turbos with no probs.....

its really a hit and miss....and how well you put the parts together and how well you take care of it....

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it is a hit or miss.. but why take the chance, yaknow? Basically your chances are high that you are going to end up spending more money, on other parts that cant hold up if your putting that turbo on your car...

OP just look around and find a turbo made from a legit company, thats my advice, take it or leave it..