eBay visor install, window stopper problem?

MistorOrange

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got some cheapo eBay, window visors for Christmas, they kind that just sticks on with 3m tape.. When iI was going to install them I noticed there is no cutout for the "window glass stopper" as seen in pic below. Are these removable? what are these for? any help appreciated.. thanks.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are to guide the window into the seal correctly. Without them, it is possible to pinch the seal and would then lead to leaks.

The visors should have had indentations for those.

I believe they are a molded part of the trim piece above the window and are not easily removable. You could try taking them off, but again, you risk pinching the seal. If you are putting visors on you don't really have to worry about the pinched seal leaking, but it will most definitely whistle while driving down the road from the air moving through the new hole.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I too have the stick-on wind deflectors. I simply removed those guides. They just snap in, albeit rather tightly. I dont recall having any issues since I removed them over 4 years ago.

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My car never had the stoppers on the windows. I have no issues whatsoever.

MistorOrange

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for all the reply guys, ima try and install if get a day that isn't freezing cold or raining lol