Ebay wooes...USPS SUCKS!

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I need some advice guys. I won a set of Si rims off ebay and only have received 3 out of the 4 which were all sent on the 4th via USPS. The guy sent me the confirmation number on the missing one and it just says that it was "received" at his local post office. So it looks like the USPS lost my rim. I've asked the guy to check at his post office and I checked with mine. The goofy looking PS guy told me that it was just "late".

Facts:
-USPS, regular parcel, no insurance
-Each wheel shipped for less the $20 each, but the guy charged me $150, so he made some money on the shipping, but didn't use insurance.
-Rim is now almost 3 weeks gone.

So in the event that it was lost, do I eat it or ask the other guy to pay me a partial refund?
If so how much?
Can I get the Post office to do something about it even though it's not insured?

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In a perfect world... UPS is at fault and should refund it. If not, the seller can be nice, help a brotha out and hook ya up with either the information on where he got it or on a deal with the same rim.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you go to the post office after finding out that its been delivered...? See if they still have it there.

usually the USPS is very good with things like that. I've shipped wheels before and I've had the some problem of 3 showing up and then the last one does the next day.

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
Did you go to the post office after finding out that its been delivered...? See if they still have it there.

usually the USPS is very good with things like that. I've shipped wheels before and I've had the some problem of 3 showing up and then the last one does the next day.
According to the sender, he checked his post office where it was sent and they told him that it was here at my Post office. So I went this past weekend to check and that's when goofy post office worker man checked the back area and told me that it was just "late".

yeah, I got 2 wheels one day, and the 3rd the next day so I justed waited for the 4th wheel, but it's been almost a week since I got anything.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
did he insure the rims?

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stolibears said:
Facts:
-USPS, regular parcel, no insurance

Did you ask for/pay for insurance? If you did or the auction said it will be shipped insured them he pays not you!

-Each wheel shipped for less the $20 each, but the guy charged me $150, so he made some money on the shipping, but didn't use insurance.

Shipping was more then likely around $30 each and if he used a box he probably paid five to ten bucks a piece for them.

-Rim is now almost 3 weeks gone.

Either it's misrounted or lost, if it has been three weeks it defiantly lost, I ship lot of crap through them for my business and they have lost lots of my s**t! I have had on a number of occasions packages that we accidentally misrounted and showed up a week or so late!

Hopefully it shows up! :thumbs up

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I think its lost...

the same thing happened to my clutch.. It was supposed to make a straight shot to my city, but the shipping label ended up in Atlanta (completely out of the way, and not on route) and the package is nowhere to be found. :thumbdown

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shipping was more then likely around $30 each and if he used a box he probably paid five to ten bucks a piece for them.
Nope, the shipping price is posted on the box, one said $18 and some change, another $19 and he used USED boxes cause they were duct taped Rota boxes.

It was my fault not to ask to insure them at that price.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn so how much were they, shipped and all? because you can get clean ass ones with rims for $400 just about anywhere, i dont know why people would buy them online and pay $150 for shipping

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Suanico said:
damn so how much were they, shipped and all? because you can get clean ass ones with rims for $400 just about anywhere, i dont know why people would buy them online and pay $150 for shipping
I got the rims for $261 which I thought was fair with the $150 shipping.

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm amazed they dont lose more... i work there and its a mad house

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, I checked with my post office again and they told me that it wasn't uncommon that Parcel Post packages to take a month to deliver. So I was like "really ok I guess I'll wait some more" but inside I was screaming "ARE YOU f**king SERIOUS!!" I didn't want to say that cause you know those people are crazy and anything can set them off.

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Almost 7 weeks later, I finally got the damn thing! I was getting ready to put in a claim through pay pal and I got it. The box was beat to hell, but the rim looks like it survived and looks good.

I swear it was good karma, I put in for the Chadi fund http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=118800

and then I walked out to my front steps and the box is just sitting there.

:thumbs upThank you Chadi fund, you changed my life!!:lol:

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad to hear you got it okay, finally