Ecstylez Unlimited v2.0 - Official Release

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Version 2 is now up. let me know what you guys think, you'll need javascript enabled in your browser in order for it to work right.

How'd I do this time around? :D

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks great man...

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i really like your website. just a thought. Music is a nice touch but im not sure some people will like it. you know how stupid some people can be... it doesnt bother me but im just saying. I really like the site because its easy to navigat and the pictures come up as high quality. A+ :thumbs up

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like it. seems some of ure links are not working yet but it looks good. maybe a darker backgroung color though?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
None of your links seem to work, the only thing that works it your Blog link.

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you guys sure the links aren't working? just tested it on a few different computers, looks fine to me. What browsers are you all using? OS?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you need someone to help grope the models, im available.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your issue may be loading 3 different JavaScript, I'd suggest combining it into 1 JavaScript file.

Also,
ext/js/modalbox/lib/prototype.js
ecstylez.js
Are the same, any reason you have them both?

One more thing, no need to call "?load=effects" for your scriptaculous JS, it'll automatically load the effects.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
For what your trying to accomplish I'd just use iFrames.

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd recommend losing the music. I'm assuming you're using this portfolio as a way of bringing in more work, and that's frowned upon big time by most professionals. They're at your portfolio to view your work, not to jam(Well, I'd assume, anyway)

Though, if this is for purely personal use, obviously do whatever you want.

I'd also personally say go with thumbnails rather than the scrolling gig you have going for the albums, but that's more opinion than critique on the site.

Overall though, it's a good design. I do corporate design for the most part, but simple designs like that tend to keep the most traffic, all the same.

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thx for the comments =)

The music thing was actually polled. I shunned music on profiles before, but found it to be quite acceptable where online portfolios are concerned, so I added it (there's a pause button for them, lol.)

As far as the 2 filenames...... thats weird, I'm about to leave this host, cuz this isnt the first time they've done that. They keep F'ing around with my javascript files. One is suppose to be my ajax class, the other is suppose to be my caller class.

I also added "load=effects", because I am not using any of the other functions, so to keep the load times as minimal as possible, im only loading what i intend to use.

I do the corporate design thing as well (former web-developer), but I've found usually when it comes to visuals, simple (and sometimes musical) is the best way to go :D

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
good s**t man :thumbup: I think the music fits the page perfectly, layout is simple and easy to navigate through.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nicely done bro..! I'm almost done re-doing mine.

I like everything about yours.