Ectune.....?

chaw wee

Giggity!
5+ Year Member
Well im gatherin parts for my turbo kit and im trying to figure out which managment is the best......i have heard Ectune is pretty good, and crome is suposed to be decent but i really dont know. Anyone know much about either of them? let me know thanks!

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
i think you mean neptune but anyway chrom is hella good for boost i have chrom on my pr4 ecu right now and love it the launch control is bad ass

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no he means ectune....

ectune and crome are very good tuning programs....either one will work just fine...

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ec tune is a good porgram and you wont have to spend a lot to get it unlike hondata and other tuning programs.

chaw wee

Giggity!
5+ Year Member
Is ectune it a stand alone? or a just a piggie back? Thanks for the help guys.
Also i have been told a t3/t4oe would be too big for what im trying to do.
Which is eagle rods, vitara pistons, and arp headstuds for now...I will keep building it, but as of right now thats all i can do haha.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
umm...no a t3/t4 will be just fine with eagle rods and vitara pistons....you can make around 350-400whp on that setup...

chaw wee

Giggity!
5+ Year Member
umm...no a t3/t4 will be just fine with eagle rods and vitara pistons....you can make around 350-400whp on that setup...
Thats what i figured....haha i just wanted someone to confirm it. Everyone else was sayin to go with a t25 or a gt28r....that wouldnt be bad either cuz it would spool alot quicker then a t3/t4 but im not keeping the motor stock... I can understand if i was just going to keep stock block.

My goal is 300whp. Do you think dms, what is it 460cc or 450cc injectors can do 300whp. Or do i need some 650's ...?

Also i did some research and it looks like ectune is a stand alone.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thats what i figured....haha i just wanted someone to confirm it. Everyone else was sayin to go with a t25 or a gt28r....that wouldnt be bad either cuz it would spool alot quicker then a t3/t4 but im not keeping the motor stock... I can understand if i was just going to keep stock block.

My goal is 300whp. Do you think dms, what is it 460cc or 450cc injectors can do 300whp. Or do i need some 650's ...?

Also i did some research and it looks like ectune is a stand alone.
umm....ya f**k getting a T25 on a build bottom end....T25 maxes out at like 200whp so there would be no purpose to get that turbo if your building the block....

yes ive seen dsm 450cc injectors hit over 300whp....so they will work just fine if your shooting for 300whp...

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont you need a licesnse or something to tune with eC-tune. I dont remember but i wast tuned on ec-tune. had some cool features no problems with it.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dont you need a licesnse or something to tune with eC-tune. I dont remember but i wast tuned on ec-tune. had some cool features no problems with it.
i think ectune is just another tuning program like crome, uberdata, neptune, turboedit, bre, etc....

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah but i think you have to be licesnsed to use the program

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You do have to have a license for it. Its basicly only made to tune 1 car with. But is a very nice program with a lot of features. Crome also is a nice program and i am tuned on that as well. Havent had any problems with it but my buddy did have some problems with that program. My recommendation would be ECtune.

T3/4 would be perfect for you i would suggest a .57 trim or the 60 series as far as a turbo. I am shooting for 400+ hp on the same set up. I would suggest going to bigger injectors like 550-650's cuz too much fuel is better than too little. 450 are pretty close to maxed out around 300. Make sure you have a good fuel pump as well.

chaw wee

Giggity!
5+ Year Member
yeah but i think you have to be licesnsed to use the program
Yeah that might be. But a guy that i have been buyin some parts off of said he knows ectune pretty well so i might go with it. He owns a import proformance parts store up here so i figured he knew his s**t. haha

I think i might try and find some 550cc's. Also whats a decent size fuel pump to go with?

Thanks for all the help guys.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah that might be. But a guy that i have been buyin some parts off of said he knows ectune pretty well so i might go with it. He owns a import proformance parts store up here so i figured he knew his s**t. haha

I think i might try and find some 550cc's. Also whats a decent size fuel pump to go with?

Thanks for all the help guys.
go with a Walbro 255LPH fuel pump.....

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
etune is good

Pootie

i blow tires away!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm on eCtune and it's a great program. I Used to have an issue with the antilag. But Calvin (creator of eCtune) fixed that issue..

my only other issue with this is that like any other (crome, neptune,uberdata) program it's not able to data log!!

TILL NOWWW ;-)
http://www.xenocron.com/ectune-pro-and-moates-demon-bundle-p-471.html

Now it's complete i'd say!

i have seen 2 cars make 900whp+ on eCtune. And a $hit load more in the mid-HorsePower range!! ( both Daily Driver and RaceCar status)

chaw wee

Giggity!
5+ Year Member
i'm on eCtune and it's a great program. I Used to have an issue with the antilag. But Calvin (creator of eCtune) fixed that issue..

my only other issue with this is that like any other (crome, neptune,uberdata) program it's not able to data log!!

TILL NOWWW ;-)
http://www.xenocron.com/ectune-pro-and-moates-demon-bundle-p-471.html

Now it's complete i'd say!

i have seen 2 cars make 900whp+ on eCtune. And a $hit load more in the mid-HorsePower range!! ( both Daily Driver and RaceCar status)
damn thats awesome! yeah i have decided to go with ectune, i think it will be the best way for me. Found out one of my old friends is a ectune pro. so he is going to help me out.

ek4coupe

5+ Year Member
Good choice. I've had a crome program and an eCtune program and I like eCtune much better. It's a more thorough tuning program than crome and the launch control on eCtune is better. With crome you have to set the lauch rpm when you tune it, and you can't change it without a computer. But with eCtune you set the launch rpm everytime you lauch by bringing the rpms to where you want, say 4500, then flooring it real quick. It sets that rpm as your launch control. Set it for whatever you want everytime you race, no more preset launch control.