ECU code 45!

jitaga

5+ Year Member
A couple of weeks ago i was lowering my 00 civic SI, finiched the job and when i turn the car on to go test drive it, the car almost died at iddle. When the car is running it runs perfect the problem is when it come to a stop it wants to die, it doesn't but almost, after striggling for a bit it iddles ok (900rpm). The check engine light came on about 3 days after. The code reads 45 SYSTEM TOO RICH OR TOO LEAN. I already checked the spark plugs (platinum +4 bosh)and they look ok, I relace my MAP sensor for a new one and nothing, please help any suggestions are welcome. also is it possible for a o2 sensor to fail from one day to the othe????

jitaga

5+ Year Member
help...

i need help please.....

onesikEJ8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well thats one problem, the bosch plugs suck for hondas, but just search to find a cure for too rich or too lean

jitaga

5+ Year Member

the car was running ok for a couple of weeks with the new plugs, i did search all over the place, what can you tell me about the o2 sensor?

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
According to he service manual, the probable cause of P0171 and P0172 (code 45) is Fuel supply system, Primary Oxygen sensor, MAP sensor, Contaminated/bad fuel, valve clearance, and exhaust leakage.

jitaga

5+ Year Member
o2

you guys think that is possible for the o2 sensor to fail right away?

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you guys think that is possible for the o2 sensor to fail right away?
o2 sensors are very tricky, one little bump could mess one up. When I hit the Jetta way back when, the jolt from stopping knocked my o2 into an early death.

jitaga

5+ Year Member
check

is there a particular way to check if the ruel regulator is working properly, same with the o2 sensor??

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like lowering your car really does add horse power.

jitaga

5+ Year Member
jajajajajaja!!

hahahahahahahaha!! just what my bro said.. but f**k man!!!!!! i already getting frustrated trying to find what the problem is...