ECU control

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone know anything about the program ECUcontrol?

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
anyone know anything about the program ECUcontrol?
its for datalogging with stock ecus. the people over at pgmfi.org should be able to help you with any questions you have about it.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we posted there, were using a PS9 (91 EX sedan auto trans) for 1 wire vtec on my bros mini me, we cont it to connect but ALL the info recived by the program is wrong(IE speed, when were not even moving.)

gospeed

5+ Year Member
awhile ago i was gonna try the chip deal i got this far
[/]when i researched doing this i found out later i had the 4 wires for the rs233 way too long need to be short as possible,long might cause false readings with ecucontrol . do u have newest version of it. i know there is another way to hook ecu to laptop besides rs233 9 pin,but i forget what it is ,usb probably .

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where using the moates.net hulog, when it does read all the numbers are incorecct ill get pics tommorow.

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
where using the moates.net hulog, when it does read all the numbers are incorecct ill get pics tommorow.
make sure you are using the newest version of ecucontrol and running a bin that is newer than the ng48 coding. stolle and i were having problems with all the gauges going crazy and once we switched over to a newer ng it ran fine.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make sure you have the proper com port set and the correct drivers for whatever datalog cable your running. for instance a cell phone cable for datalogging will need atleast a generic driver so the pc will read it.

im in the same boat as you green. NEVER have i EVER gotten ecu control to work.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
got it to work, but A/F don't work, speedo is wrong, dosen't datalog so i can save it.

you have to change the com settings on your computer also.

Last edited:

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Quote:
go tit to work

Yesss go straight for the tit ....and it shall work :lol: :lol:

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol u ran to edit it damn you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yet u still managed to forget the t

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol i had same problem when i tried ecu control cept my a/f did work, just didnt show some stuff