1. what upgrades does the p28 provide?
2. is the s200 a piggyback or an ecu

by the way, b16a swap in my 94

RiceburnerRyan

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s200 is ecu .. if youre gonna keep the P28 i suggest you chip it.. but personally if you have the money i would go with hondata

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hondata is nice. I met a guy wtih a turbo setup w/hondata and he loves it. I think he had the s200, not sure tho. uberdata (spelling?) is great too! it cost next to nothing and you can program it yourself! unlike hondata that needs a "tuner" to set it up. but I guess in so cal it's cheaper than in stl. there's only one hondata guy around here and he's a few hours away. :(

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just find you a P72 ecu, less hassle unless you already have a P28 the have it socketed & chiped

RiceburnerRyan

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah... i had the P28 running my GSR swap ... it wasnt as fun and then i ran into a guy with the JDM GSR ECU and i traded straight up ... cuz he was running a b16 wit ha DX ECU ... but ... yeah ... i would presonally finda p72 and get rid of the P28

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I went for a P28 to a Shunk2 programmed(not chipped) P72 & it was like I did another motor swap the differace was so great

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RiceburnerRyan said:
yeah... i had the P28 running my GSR swap ... it wasnt as fun and then i ran into a guy with the JDM GSR ECU and i traded straight up ... cuz he was running a b16 wit ha DX ECU ... but ... yeah ... i would presonally finda p72 and get rid of the P28

i dunna i have both a P72 and a P28 the P72 is stock vtec opens at 4100, and the P28 is chipped i dunna what program but the vtec hits at 5100rpm and it dosent have a redline.. im useing this one on a motor im tryna blow, so far i had it to 9k+ burning out and what not and the motor just wont f**k up..

outa both i think i like the P72 more but if he has a P28 why not just chipp it.. i dunna bout where he lives but here P72s go for 300-400 people pay it if they really need them.. well atleast i find people to buy them.

niteryder

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i live in california, l.a. area, my ecu got fried so i need another one. and u can tune the hondata ecu by yourself. u just need a laptop.

RiceburnerRyan

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guess it all depends... from what i hear some shops like the P28s that are reprogrammed... but that s**t is a lot of money ..

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i thought you needed a n28 to even do hondata. the local dealer here said that he couldnt even put it in my p30. dont know if he is on crack or what. so i would say either

niteryder

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is that a little byass saying the p72 us is better but u guys have gsr's? also, if the p 28 doesn't have the rev limiter, does the p72 and at what rpm? and when does vtec change over?

RiceburnerRyan

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the stock VTEC engagement on that P72 i believe was at 5500 correct me if im wrong, and also my car revs out to 8200 so .. its not a bad thing. i was going to keep the P28 and chip it but it was cheaper and easier for me to just get the P72. But if you do decide to stick with the P28 i heard Skunk2 proram is good. Good luck in your final decision

PowderPimp911

Banned
niteryder said:
is that a little byass saying the p72 us is better but u guys have gsr's? also, if the p 28 doesn't have the rev limiter, does the p72 and at what rpm? and when does vtec change over?
P28's stock have a rev limiter.. its something like 7200 -7500 i think

P72 is 8200 - 8500,

but it all depends i think honda messed up on acouple, i came across acouple stock ecu's that redline higher and vtec hits in lower.. so it depends on the ECU its self i guess

Redcoupe

Stock p28s suck
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PowderPimp911 said:
P28's stock have a rev limiter.. its something like 7200 -7500 i think

P72 is 8200 - 8500,

but it all depends i think honda messed up on acouple, i came across acouple stock ecu's that redline higher and vtec hits in lower.. so it depends on the ECU its self i guess
My ecu may be off but on my virgin p28 vtec kicks in at around 5200, and revlimiter is 7600. It depends though, it depends on how i drop it, or if i just floor it when vtec kicks in. Sometimes it kicks in at 4900, it all depends on the situation though.

BTW this is in a 95 Ex coupe with a 00 b16a2 motor with camgears, intake, header, and exhaust.

Redcoupe

Stock p28s suck
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
niteryder said:
looks like ill go with the p72. 7500 is just too low
You can always tune the p28. Just have friends with connections like me. LOL. I love trading my stock 99 ex radio for a hondata tune. =)

Ravage70

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if u have a gsr and are running a stock p28 ur asking to be slapped
not only because ur not getting enough fuel but ur secondary "butterflies" arent opening therefore choking the engine
if u dont know s**t about mixing/matchin ecus run the correct stock one for ur engine

niteryder

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16a2, gsr tranny(even though the tranny has nothing to do with it)...and i dont know much about mix matching ecu's so tell me wuts up.

Last edited: