ecu ?s

bbgyoungd

5+ Year Member
i have a d15b7 built bigger pistons etc. (except a cam). im wondering if my stock ecu will work, a friend thats done a few swaps, said i should use a LS ecu and that my stock ecu wont work it'll run like s**t. Im wonderin if anyone knows whats up and can help me out? thanks

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why would you run a LS ecu? it will run on the stock ecu. should probably get it chipped and tuned though. easiest way to find out is just plug it in and try it. as long as everything is set to spec your not going to hurt anything and you will find out if it will work or not within a couple minutes.

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah you really only need to change it if your running a different wiring harness or maybe you changed fuel injection (multi-point to programmed) other than that it just seems like you just need to tune it maybe even chip it.

bbgyoungd

5+ Year Member
yeah idk i asked him "why an ls ecu?" too he said cuz the fuel maps are different and cuz my motor is bored over its a bigger motor and it needs more fuel... i dont kno lol... ppl have told me that the motor will run but like s**t, because i have a bigger motor and my stock ones not set up for that.. idk thats why im askin lol

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it'll run rich without being chipped or tuned, havent you just tried it?

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Chip your ECU and get it professionally tuned.