ED/EF Swapability.

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll be nice seeing how you have pretty much are new. But the truth is that the EF chassis code and the ED chassis code is the same thing. EF= made in Japan. ED= made in America. Now if you are asking what is interchangable between a hatch, Crx, and a 4 door, what is it that you are looking for?

Kyle(USDM)ED6

5+ Year Member
Bumper form any 4th gen will work. Hoods, however, the 4 door wont fit, but a hood from ANY hatch will work. my CF hood is off a CRX =)

snm95ls

5+ Year Member
I'll be nice seeing how you have pretty much are new. But the truth is that the EF chassis code and the ED chassis code is the same thing. EF= made in Japan. ED= made in America. Now if you are asking what is interchangable between a hatch, Crx, and a 4 door, what is it that you are looking for?
False.

ED simply means that is was manufactured for the North American market regardless of where the chassis was actually manufactured.

Bumper form any 4th gen will work. Hoods, however, the 4 door wont fit, but a hood from ANY hatch will work. my CF hood is off a CRX =)
Wrong.

CRX is vastly different than the rest of the body styles. Pretty sure that sedan, hatch and wagon are also unique to each chassis when it comes to bumpers, but they might be made to fit. The outcome of which is likely to be less than spectacular.

OP, there are many differences between the EF and ED front end as well as differences betwen each body style.

snm95ls

5+ Year Member
so an EF bumper would not fit on an ED civic?

It will bolt on, yes. You need to clarify what you mean when you say an EF bumper.

There are different ones.

EF9 Civic hatchback SiR
EF8 CRX SiR
EF2 Sedan. I don't know much about these, but the front end is slightly different than the US model.
EF3 is the ZC model which is has essentially the same front end as the 89 US with the exception of the hood with the hump to clear the DOHC ZC.

Last edited:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ef8 hatchback.

onto a ED6 hatback.
No, ef 8 is a crx, and teh fron't bumper for that is wider then for the ed6 which is s hatch, sure it' attach, but it won't fit right, nothing will match up correctly,

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You all realize this as all been covered before. A little bit of search would bring it up.

snm95ls

5+ Year Member
Damn typo. Yes EF9 would be an SiR hatchback, not EF8.

:oops:

So will a bumper from an EF hatch fit?

It will bolt up, but you will need all of the other parts to go with it in order for it all to fit correctly.

Bumper
Bumper support
filler panel.
t-bar
hood
headlights.

You all realize this as all been covered before. A little bit of search would bring it up.
Yes, quite a few times in fact, and at lest once on here in recent history.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Damn typo. Yes EF9 would be an SiR hatchback, not EF8.

:oops:

It will bolt up, but you will need all of the other parts to go with it in order for it all to fit correctly.

Bumper
Bumper support
filler panel.
t-bar
hood
headlights.

Yes, quite a few times in fact, and at lest once on here in recent history.
however no, just the bumper itself will not bolt up, that's what he/ she seems to be asking, just about the bumper itself, but with the rest of the stuff sure it'll bolt up and look proper, though you can put the bup itself on, it's going to look rather stupid since nothing will line up properly.

Yes Steve we all know this has been covered before, but it's not going to be the last either, most people still don't know how to use search, or are to lazy to use search.