Edelbrock turbo kit

customcivic

5+ Year Member
Hey guys i got a 98 honda civic ex with stock internals and want to get a turbocharger. I am thinking about getting the edelbrock kit but was wondering if anyone else had this setup if you could give me your opinion on it. Is it a good kit? What kind of 1/4 mile time would you get? If anyone has any input on this please let me know. thanks.

slammedSI

5+ Year Member
you know i saw a thread on clubSI.com, this guy put that kit on a b16 and it made some mad amount of power at the boost level that it was running on a stock motor. i cant remember the numbers but it was up there. go to www.clubsi.com and search for it in the boosted forms. he also gives alot of good info on it and what he likes and dislikes about the kit.

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
From what I've heard it is a good kit but a little pricey.

Tek-C

Powered By USAF!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should do a custom setup, it's a lot cheaper and would be just as good, if not better.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a nice kit fo sho, its pricey because it comes w/ EVERYTHING, including a new intake manifold and so on, they claim 176 whp on the d series kit but not sure on actual

SI-vic lover

5+ Year Member
ya i was lookin at the edelbrock setup or a jr supercharger for my stock internal 94 ex.........any ideas?

WhtCivicEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was contemplating the same issue, i have a d16y8 and was thinking about a custom setup, what about smog and stuff with the cops? thast the only thing holding me back from doing a custom kit

Tek-C

Powered By USAF!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WhtCivicEK said:
i was contemplating the same issue, i have a d16y8 and was thinking about a custom setup, what about smog and stuff with the cops? thast the only thing holding me back from doing a custom kit
there is a thread floating around here...there's a guy living in cali, where pretty much anything aftermarket is a no no, and his engine looks 100% stock, but is turbo'd. can't find it, maybe someone can post a link to it.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tek-C said:
there is a thread floating around here...there's a guy living in cali, where pretty much anything aftermarket is a no no, and his engine looks 100% stock, but is turbo'd. can't find it, maybe someone can post a link to it.
It was in the one magazine I got. It looked awesome, couldn't even see the turbo.

Tek-C