eg head question...

SmArTs

The y7 head would fit perfectly onto the eg motor...right?planning on puttin the y7 heads since I already got them...nothing big for it now since its auto...wack but for now...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ever think about searching?

This has been answered millions of times...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Since u have an EG, then u have a B series motor. Or did u mean its an EH with a d series?

U will need to know what block u have to know if its possible and if u will need a new intake manifold and such.

Like i said--search.

Get all of the pertinent info and do some research!

I cant answer ur question because ur question is too vague in the first place...

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
he does not have a eg6 its not a b series

why are you even bothering putting a y7 head on your car

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ i was being a smart ass..

He has an eh not an eg...

Trying to make a point!

SmArTs

Y7 because that's what I have now laying around in my room..well done some research and I know I have to use the y7 timin belt because its smaller and more pressure fit...and I'm confused on the head gasket I read that to use the z6 head gasket for more compression..not sure...but I have to go with what head I use right?its my daily driver and need to do this by this weekend so any help?I kan still use my original ecu because I'm not going vtec yet...

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
WHY do the swap. You will see roughly a .7 to .8 increase and MAYBE 7-10 horsepower

The effort doesnt equal the gain

now if there is something wrong with your head then yeah sure slap it on

from a performance standpoint there is almost no reason

s*** just say you want to do it for the experience, but dont expect your car to be in any means faster

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey I have an EG and it didnt come with a b series. There are usdm eg's the beginning of my vin is JHMEG8

Just saying it as an fyi, I always get annoyed at ppl who say that I can't have an eg, nothing personal man