EG or EJ?

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What are the differences? I am new to hondas and was wondering what the difference is?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Actually both are the chassis Id in the vin.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eg= JDM hatch

EH= USDM hatch

EJ1+2= USDM coupe

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or if you want to sound cute and girly you can call it a "bubble" or a "hatchie".

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Look harder next time??? That had absolutely nothing to do with my question.

To everyone else thankyou for explaining this to me. Its been a big help.
Your question has been answered, numerous times, and it's not hard to find the answer at all. Search next time

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know it was answered thats why I thanked everyone for answering it. The other guy posted link to different trims with motor specs and had nothing to do with chassis codes.

I did search this and google and didnt find a logical answer so members on here with 5th gens say their coupes are EG and some say EJ I am just wondering.

Your question has been answered, numerous times, and it's not hard to find the answer at all. Search next time

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know it was answered thats why I thanked everyone for answering it. The other guy posted link to different trims with motor specs and had nothing to do with chassis codes.

I did search this and google and didnt find a logical answer so members on here with 5th gens say their coupes are EG and some say EJ I am just wondering.
No I meant this issue has been covered before. Took me 2 seconds to find the answers by following the links on the top of this page. http://www.clubcivic.com/index.php?pageid=specs5 Its all on that page. Just need to know how to use your internet browser I guess:roll:

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
actually if you click on that first link and scroll down to the middle of the page it has all the chassis codes for the 5th gen. heres a pic just because im bored. lol

EH9 for me:cool:

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
eg is a hatch bro, and ej is a coupe
DID YOU NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE POST RIGHT ABOVE YOU???

No it isn't, it is a chassis code. All usdm hatches are either Eh2 or EH3. The jdm sir2 is an eg6. Why go on with this farce?:roll: