eg swap question

shocker991_98EK

5+ Year Member
ok so im getin a EG hatch for cheap and got a wrecked SI B16 im gonna dump the B16 into the hatch...do i need to change up some mounts?

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the OEM 5th gen civic mounts should accept any B series with no issue, if you are going to drive the car hard it would be a good idea to get aftermarket mounts, but to my knowledge EG mounts work with B series.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so get aftermarket mounts lol thanx mang
not completely necessary but a great investment, if you are sensitive to vibration and are using it as a daily driver get ones with soft bushing, i got Innovative 75a's for my h22 and it vibrates alot, but i dont mind, a friend of mine has innovative 60a's for a b series and they have a softer bushing and there is no vibration.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
stiffer mounts is technically better for response. the engine wont move as much

Infamous_EG

5+ Year Member
u need these from the 94+ integra

t bracket
driver side mount that screws into the block
lower tranny mount from the integra but u keep the rubber bushing that goes under the frame from the civic ( this part isnt really necessary but it's there if u wanna keep it from rocking much)
99 si shift linkage

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just get Hasports. Don't mess around with mounts that might not beable to hold up to the newer motor.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah you should invest in an aftermarket one hasport and avid sell motor mounts for our engine

93excivic

5+ Year Member
ok so im getin a EG hatch for cheap and got a wrecked SI B16 im gonna dump the B16 into the hatch...do i need to change up some mounts?
I did the same swap in my 4dr civic ex but its a 1st gen sir b16 motor, if im correct the motor that you going to put in your car is a 99-2000 civic si b16 motor. if this is true you will have to change the driver side mount to a 94-2001 integra mount and the 6gen civic upper tranny mount is also different so you will have to change it too, but if your in a budget then you can also use your stock upper tranny mounts off of your SOHC will work too and you will also need to use a 94-2001 integra back mount ( the L bracket as most people known as) and for the two other mounts it will fit too.
Good Luck on the swap.