EG9 Honda Civic Ferio Brochure

Young gunna

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah they made a 4wd civic. there's some that were imported to the U.S but i think there are only like teno r something here. You'll here a lot more now that your on the site L.D. Forget

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It was available only in Japan, powered by a SOHC VTEC I believe and AWD. Honda did also make a Wagovan AWD, which is the 4th gen civic as well.

L.D.Forget

i am well aware of the AWD wagovan, had no idea there was a 5th gen AWD. Anyone have any info on what kind of hardware was used? the transfer case, drive shafts, rear axle, what kind of suspension, ect. Was this hardware used on any other vehicles? similar to the 1st get CR-V? or closer to the Wagovan?

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i am well aware of the AWD wagovan, had no idea there was a 5th gen AWD. Anyone have any info on what kind of hardware was used? the transfer case, drive shafts, rear axle, what kind of suspension, ect. Was this hardware used on any other vehicles? similar to the 1st get CR-V? or closer to the Wagovan?
More closely related to the Wagovan.

ryn004

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The 4WD civic was more of a saftey feature then a performance one. In fact I would imagine it to be much slower to the increased weight of the car. And I doubt you can convert any regualr civic into the 4WD as the floorpan would defiantely be different.

The model name for the 4wd civic is RTSi.

eg9 sir hondata

traction control

Hey all i have a 92 sir eg9 civic and it has tractoin control and its the only one i have seen with it around if anyone has any info about it that would be great.thanks

L.D.Forget

The 4WD civic was more of a saftey feature then a performance one. In fact I would imagine it to be much slower to the increased weight of the car. And I doubt you can convert any regualr civic into the 4WD as the floorpan would defiantely be different.

Not really looking for performance, more looking to convert the sedan for winter driving, lol.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
converting a sedan to awd will probly cost more den buying a project shell,engine,and suspension....lol

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

Really, why was that it had the Si engine?

Cynical 1

one of the import mags - honda tuning or sport compact car - did an awd integra about 8 or so years ago. i believe they used the awd civic stuff they sourced...

may find the details by googling if you want to know...

ej8arm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah these are sick. there was this guy who was selling it for like 18 grand in nor cal.