EGR problem

brian762

5+ Year Member
Whats up CC!

I hope you guys might be able to help me. I have d16y5 (hx) Sucks i know. I believe this was the only civic to come with an EGR valve. My problem is this, My car had the CEL light on when i bought it. Ran the codes, said EGR. replaced it light off. A few weeks later driving down the freeway came back on. Ran the codes same thing. thought maybe i got a bad one so i exchanged it with a different one. Driving on the freeway again Saturday, came back on. Ran the codes EGR again. What could be causing this? Any ideas or help would be much apprieciated.

Thanks

dabz1981

5+ Year Member
what year is your HX? i have a 2000 LX with the CEL on .. engine is missfiring.. replaced all the common sense stuff: spark plug, wires, etc.. i also pull codes and got an EGR code that dissapeared after i replaced te distributor. i was told the 2000 models did not have an EGR valve but looking around on the web i see that honda does sell an EGR for 1996 - 2000 models....

dabz1981

5+ Year Member
never mind, you're right, after researching the honda part number (18011-P2J-000) it is only for the HX model.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats up CC!

I hope you guys might be able to help me. I have d16y5 (hx) Sucks i know. I believe this was the only civic to come with an EGR valve. My problem is this, My car had the CEL light on when i bought it. Ran the codes, said EGR. replaced it light off. A few weeks later driving down the freeway came back on. Ran the codes same thing. thought maybe i got a bad one so i exchanged it with a different one. Driving on the freeway again Saturday, came back on. Ran the codes EGR again. What could be causing this? Any ideas or help would be much apprieciated.

Thanks
that's crazy. i suppose you can back probe the egr connectors. damn, i wish i knew more about diagnosing. something else in that same circuitry??