EJ8 dropped on 17s, keeping it clean

enginater

I bought this civic needing a little tlc, the hood looked like someone had tried to clear coat it with a crayon, it had faded, crappy red pen-striping. And of course a couple of maintenance items: air filter, man. trans. and radiator flush, two solenoid gaskets(15825-p2m-005 and 36172-p08-015) and more little, misc. stuff I can't remember.

Since I have bought the car last year I fixed the hood in the first week with some rubbing compound. Removed the pen-striping, refinished the headlights, added:

foglights
HIDs 8500K 55w
modified cold air intake
installed Tokico Illumina R shocks and coilovers
due to the frozen bolts, cut off lower control arms and installed new alluminum ones
rear sway bar from 95 Integra
Ikon 17inch wheels wrapped with HHR Fuzion 205 40 R17 85H tires
Exhaust is coming soon

also have a competition built 12" Digital Design sub powered by a Planet Audio 1250.1 mono block
and replaced rear deck and front doors speakers with components.

All-in-all I really like this car, always wanted one since I was 16 and now I've got one and just want to take things slow and clean so its not just some other shitted up ricer Honda 'some kid' got a hold of. I would like to do a turbo'd B16 or B18 swap after college, but that’s at least a year away.

Last edited:

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any pics? Your gunna get flamed if you don't post pics.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pics failed, and hopefully an old school Pa amp? the new PA is cheap made garbage with chrome and over-rating.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so far so good man...not sure if I'm feelin the rim size but...it's clean

enginater

Thanks for the responses already, this forum is awesome!!

I tried image shack but I think I must be retarded or something... I'm going to try resizing them and uploading again.

It is one of the old Planets, I think they called them the big bang serries, I was pushing 148db when I had it set up and tuned with two of the amps and two DD subs.

enginater

[ProjectJayDeM, y0!] [<><] [CCSC#9] [College.$tatus] [ClubCivicCouch Crew#4]

I feel ya on the rim size, I wanted 16s but these were the right price with new tires and I really like the style. The offset is a little much and I do have some rubbing during hard cornering, but oh well, I really like this style wheel and the tires are brand new.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hard to pull off 17'2, but looks like ur doing an ok job...

welcome to CC