EJ8 Tear down/ Rebuild after Robbery. THE WHOLE STORY *56K WILL DIE!!!

omdaspirations

5+ Year Member
Well over the last year... a year in June to be exact, i've been through a lot of s**t as far as my ej8 goes. I sold my black 97 coupe in May of last year and then drove out to Georgia to pick up a 99 White ej8, and brought it back to Dallas.

That was within the week that i got home. Didnt get a chance to snap pics of the final product.

Trashed the headlights for some clear w/ amber corners, brand new paint job, Si grill, Si lip, and new interior, all black cloth. After the whole summer of building and perfecting, i moved to austin on August 17, and sadly... my ej8 was stolen on the 30. She was found on bricks the day after, with a lot of the engine bay torn up. the thieves robbed me of stock parts, and didnt expect there to be an LS swap in it. So after getting everything back to normal after a month and a half of no car... they took her again, and this time... made it hurt. Please dont comment on kill switch, alarm, blah blah, i had it all. professional job. And since i've been supporting my mom due to a car accident and her not working, i couldnt afford full coverage... so i received nothing for the robbery. She was stolen on Dec. 4, and recovered on the 5th in San Antonio. So I had to go home back to dallas with her with the decision to rebuild or just call it and start over with something new.

Soo.... i ended up selling the shell after i got a good offer on it. I had originally planned on rebuilding it with an LS block i picked up for 100 bucks. Spun bearing so it needed a def. rebuild.

So after not having a car for about... a month I picked up another 99 ej8... b16a2... my first.. and boy was i disappointed. Not a bad motor but very overrated. I was expecting it.. but just had to know for myself. I just sold it on this forum, so maybe you remember seeing it.

Well i ultimately ended up selling the vehicle to an individual who lived in French polynesia Tahiti. He flew out to LA and i had to drive the car out to LA from dallas to meet the guy, he paid for all expenses and gas, he just wanted to make sure the car was in good condition, therefore the car making it to Cali was the test. So I sold it, and then upon return to Dallas, picked up this beauty for 3000. GREAT deal concidering i picked it up with another b16a2 in it... which i had to get rid of OBVIOUSLY! But i was blown away to be honest, the untouched nature of my new 2000 Ej8. EVERY piece of the vehicle had the stock VIN number stickers on... bumpers, fenders, hood, EVERYTHING. So it is safe to say that this car has never been in a major accident.. the paint and the bumpers are all still stock from the first day.

Carpet had to go... went with the black Carpet dye approach!!!

Now shortly after... s**t prob the day after the carpet... my shifter started to pop out of gear.... and I was like UGH!!! MORE DRAMA!

Turns out that my damn synchros and sliders... shift forks for 4 and 5 were all jacked... and i'm the tightest i've been on cash ever in my life. So I honestly didnt plan on doing any engine or trans work till the summer.. but had no choice. So had to drop the trans... and figure since i'm doing all that work for the trans i might as well go the extra 25% and pull the motor. So i did. Picked up a b20b for 700 locally.

Well the trans shop wanted 2100 for the repairs.. NOT AN OVERHAUL! JUST REPAIRS!! After shopping... I found that a majority of the shops in the area did not want to mess with the trans just because the SI trans are usually used for racing and have had many issues in the past. so i Had no choice... pay the price, do it myself, or have no car and i was not about to try to tackle tranny work... that is just too much. So i ended up pickin a used one up from a local dealer of JDM for 900... Also had a couple parts layin around the house haha :word:

Now DONT RAG ON THE SLIPSTREAMS!!! I know I know.. but they are honestly my first set of em... and again.. as with the b16... i just always wanted a pair.. and now i can say i've owned them. hahah. :cool:

So.... I got to work. A weeks worth of Down time...

Now after all of the bullllll...... this is how she sits today!

Overall... she still isnt running to her full potential... but its a daily haha. Actually just got her running somewhat normal today.

Throwing a CEL for a primary O2 sensor... does anyone think that an O2 sensor can be the make or brake?

All of my b20b's torque is not there.... something is off... but trial and error. :word:

Oh and my VERY FIRST civic!

Thanks for checkin it out CC!!!

jcsm90

KiNg
5+ Year Member
damn you went threw alot bro

came out good though

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all i wanna know is why were you weedwackin' the interior of your car...

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn. You have gone through a lot. Great job on the outcome though.

all i wanna know is why were you weedwackin' the interior of your car...
Probably had a blower on it.

ketadotdot

aka babymilo36
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah man especially agree with the respect after all that s**t, nice!

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks cleeeaaaan. Get her runnin right and detail that engine she'll be damn near flawless =]

CivicALC

DUBsteP Saved mY LifE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so they found your kill switches?, if u dont mind me askin..

great stance btw. love the car

omdaspirations

5+ Year Member
Thanks for all the love CC!!!

And no weed wackin hahah, there was a blower on the end of it. I know it looks weird... and as for CivicALC, yeah, they found the switch, tore up the carpet under where the fuel pump was and followed the wire... or at least thats what it looked like.

Had a Viper alarm with 1 mile radius pager on it.. i think it was a tad bit off though. The damn pager still thinks its armed haha.

Hellhatch

4 TD's 1 GAME Polk High
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man mad props for not giving up i almost said f**k it after my car got stolen only once. LMFAO at the tranny shop wanting 2200 to fix a b16 tranny CHRIST you can buy a used ctr or itr trans with lsd for under 1500$.

mienboiracer209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn...you've been through a lot, but things like that make you appreciate your car more...basically, because you put your tear and sweat into it...

wfw12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
congrats on putting up wit hall that
the primary o2 sensor can effect the the way the car runs by alot so you going to need to fix that before its running 100%

jb0ne

Banned
nice build up man!

hey seeing as how your in the area; wanna make a few hundred swapping a motor? :cool:

omdaspirations

5+ Year Member
HELL YEAH JBONE!

I'm always up for helpin out a fellow tuner. PM me with the details!

And thanks for the clarification wfw12, its on the 2do list.

stupidguy10

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
car has come a long way! props on hanging in there after all that s**t! looks good