EJ9 from Ireland :)

EK Eire

Ya would love to down the line, definitely. Will invest in coilovers at some stage and set it up the way i want then. It'll be a while before I have the funds for that anyways:( Roads are a disaster out this side anyways so it's probably just as well I haven't slammed it! I'd be flying through oil pans...

EK Eire

Little update today

Came back from college to find this waiting for me

Hmm...wonder what it could be?!

Shiny, shiny! Obx twin loop with 3" exit. Have to get it into the uncle now either the end of this week or early next week and get it on. It's a 2.5" inlet so will need a bit of fab work but happy out all the same. And it looks like I escaped customs! Will have some new pics and maybe a sound clip when it's all hooked up

Few photoshops I've done as well in the last while when I got bored

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's one good looking Civic there!

EK Eire

Well here it is! Thanks to the uncle I got it welded on today and have to say I'm delighted with it. Nice and quiet when tipping around and a nice deep sound when you drop it that little bit. Love the look of it, subtle, exactly as I wanted. The car feels way more responsive now too and that little bit sharper which I didn't expect at all. Anyways, enough waffle. Some pics and before and after sound clips.

Sound Clips: (Remember, it's a 1.4, all standard motor, breathing etc bar the back box so be nice :P )

Before:
http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/StephenR22/Civic 2/OBX Twin Loop Fitted/?action=view&current=BeforeSoundClip.mp4

After:
http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/StephenR22/Civic 2/OBX Twin Loop Fitted/?action=view&current=SoundClip.mp4

EK Eire

Been a long time since I've updated this! Been plenty of changes since then, not all for the best. Here's a run down since last update.

Had a go at DIY CTR headlights and was pretty happy with the results in the end

Then began to address the bay. This consisted of fitting a D16ZC intake manifold to replace the restrictive D14 manifold. Polished it up and sprayed the fuel rail etc before fitting. Also had a go at spraying my valve cover. Came out ok but will need to be done again as there are runs in the paint in places but was a first attempt in a rush so not the worst. Fitted a DC1 airbox while I was doing the swap but the fitment isn't great. Will end up changing this in the coming months. Have fitted a 4-2-1 since also, but no pictures as of yet.

I also sprayed up the CTR rep grille to a better match, not perfect but much better than black.

After changing tyres from 195/55 to 195/45 I wasn't satisfied with the level of drop from the springs now, the arch gap was way too big. I kept my eye on the used market and picked up a set of Daiyama coilovers in excellent condition for a great price. Fitted them and cleaned the car up good and robbed my sisters Canon to snap a few shots. The front is now slightly lower and the rear camber has been neutralised so it's sitting much more as I wanted it to. This bit is about to get pic heavy!

Unfortunately since then the front lip has had loads of paint ripped off while I was adjusting to the new ride height...The front end is much in need of a respray anyway so I'll address that soon. One of the fogs is cracked and the other has a worn seal and is badly rusted so undecided on whether to pick up a new bumper and go without fogs or buy a new set of yellows...will decide on that over the next while.

Plans for this year all going well are:
- Spoon mirrors and spoiler
- Fit my DC1 seats that I have in the shed and maybe buy a Bride Low Max fixed back replica
- Fit my 2.5" straight pipe exhaust system modified from an EK9 system and get that hooked up to the twin loop, which needs a serious tidying. Need new gaskets and 2.5" axle back pipe to complete the system
- Hopefully clear up a lot of the body work niggles that are annoying me
- HID kit and wire up city lights and JDM style tails
- Ideally want to do a D15B swap with an S20 LSD box and stage 1 clutch
- If I can get hold of one for reasonable money, a USDM/JDM SiR grille and rear recess

Comments and criticism welcome. A long way to go with this yet so looking forward to the year coming =)

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Car looks great, but I'd rather see the valve cover in either paint matched or red