ek/ej sides on a 5th gen...

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Does anyone know if the 6th gen sideskirts fit on the 5th gen hatchies w/o modification. Even if they do have to be modified, I like them. I'd also like to know if the 6th gen hatch and coupe have the same skirts b/c my friend will give me some from an ej8 he had.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i believe that it can be done i'm pretty sure someone here will post a pics of it

JMan8108

SOHC VTEC SON!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea they fit you just have to modify. I cut 2" off the front. The back clips usually fits so i put them in that to mock it up, then marked for screw holes on the underside of the car. I drilled the holes in the side skirts and put anchors in the screw holes on the car, then just screw them in and call it a day. Sorry if that was hard to follow lol

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So I'd have to cut 2" off the end and then I could use my little heat torch to melt the end back on and make it look factory. I'm gonna paint them anyways. Just wanted to see if they needed to be modded.

JMan8108

SOHC VTEC SON!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I'd have to cut 2" off the end and then I could use my little heat torch to melt the end back on and make it look factory. I'm gonna paint them anyways. Just wanted to see if they needed to be modded.
Yea or just use this stuff called plastic weld. Works great for fixing and re-adhesing body trim and s**t like this.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have something better than a plastic welder, but I have one of those too.