EK Hatch DIsc BRake Conversion

gmanauseal

5+ Year Member
I recently upgraded my 2000 Hatch Disc brake 9inch in front and Disc brake in the rear,
I replaced OEM Brake booster and Mater Cylinder to the CTR Brake Booster and Brake Master cylinder,
Replaced OEM E-Brake cable to 99-00 Civic SI and also replaced OEM Portion Valve to 90-93 RS Integra non ABS.
My biggest question is my brake feel weird, normally you would feel the car slowing down with
some pressure, I don't feel enough pressure coming from the brake. I mean it do slow down, but need a lttle more effort than normal. anyone have the same problem, am I missing something? PLEASE HELP!

Meoshe

5+ Year Member
You need bigger discs in the front. You could have used 96-00 EX MC and booster(money saved). Your proportioning valve was the right one you needed(Sames as SI). I am guessing it feels like that because the rear discs are about the same size as front. You could go Ex fronts(Same as SI) or integra fronts.

duFf_M@N

...""peep show""...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my best guess is you might of not bleed all lines enough or correctly. If you didn't/haven't bleed all lines correctly then you'll get the "mushy" brake feel, and you need to press harder to brake

again that's my best guestimate

Meoshe

5+ Year Member
did you bleed furthest to closest, it is necessary when you change the prop. valve. Right rear, Left rear, Right front, Left front in that order.

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
9 in the front and rear? breaks should be smaller in the rear, or the balance would be way off.

your prop valve should work the same since they are for disc rear breaks so no worries about that.

did you make sure you bleed your brakes in the correct order?

your master cylinder may be too BIG. your oem lines flex...i'm not too sure, but rebleed your brakes and maybe upgrade you brake lines to stainless steel braided lines.

gmanauseal

5+ Year Member
THe front brake is 9in and rear is smaller. My mechanic bleed the brakes and I'm not sure what order their in.
I will have them redo it tomorrow and update everyone. Thanks for all the INPUT.

gmanauseal

5+ Year Member
OH one more thing, you do feel the pressure of the car slowing down when it's near a full stop, not sure if this info would help, but atleast I mention it.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It could be your brake lines itself. Whats the condition of them? if they are old and jacked. I do recommend going with steel braided lines.

and the feel of the stop should all depends on how hard you brake. if you dont feel the form pressure during braking then of course something is wrong again haha.

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
going to steel braided lines will only affect feel, not make you brake faster, thought i'd add that.

are you stopping well at least?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually steel braided is not just for feel. try having ur brake fluids to a temp going up about. 300degress and those stock rubber hose just start flexing and the lose of pressure of the fluid to the calipers going into a corner? WOAH! games over.

gmanauseal

5+ Year Member
The car do stop well, but it just dosen't feel right,
I couldn't get my brake rebleed last weekend. I just purchase a new Set of 15in Slipstream rim with BF Goodrich Tire. Well have them resurface my rotor and put new brake on it. AUTOX is coming, so I want to make sure my car is ready for the track. Will update everyone one once I get it done.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you have 9" disc brake in front, how can the rear disc brakes be smaller than 9"? Honda does not make a rear rotor smaller than 9" in diameter. It sounds to me like your proportioning is off ( assuming the rear is larger than 9" )

gmanauseal

5+ Year Member
I check the Brake, the front is 9in and the rear is 8in,
I do recall the oem front brake is 8in

gmanauseal

5+ Year Member
I finally put new brake in the front and man that Rotor were pretty F..... up. needed to resurface three time to balance it. GOOD THINGS IS MY BRAKE IS BACK. I'm not sure what kind of rear brake I got, Bought from Local Craigslist.