Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
Lol where u gunna find a rust free ek shell for cheap lolol

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
So if it's a shell, how does 5 speed vs automatic have anything to do with that? The shell/body has nothing to do with the transmission...

Right?

I guess i've never done an auto to manual on an EK, but for an EG/EJ, all the mounts and holes are exactly the same no matter the transmission.

Next comment. EK hatch = desirable. Rust free EK hatch shell = desirable. Rust free EK hatch CHEAP = Good luck buddy

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So if it's a shell, how does 5 speed vs automatic have anything to do with that? The shell/body has nothing to do with the transmission...

Right?

I guess i've never done an auto to manual on an EK, but for an EG/EJ, all the mounts and holes are exactly the same no matter the transmission.

Next comment. EK hatch = desirable. Rust free EK hatch shell = desirable. Rust free EK hatch CHEAP = Good luck buddy
A shell will typically include the pedals. Putting the clutch pedal in was the biggest PITA when we did the swap.. That and for me, the automatic gearbox assembly bolts were rusted to the frame, so we had to bust a dremel out.. Then to do it right he'd have the change out the cluster, etc. He'd be way better off getting one that was already a manual...

Moving this to the Cars Wanted section as well; good luck man! :thumbs up

DTvn

There was actually a really clean one close to me a couple days ago, sold really fast for I think 1k

Good luck in the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.