EK1 front lip?

kiaa_

Hey guys,
I was wondering if yous would be able to help me with something.

I've got a Honda Civic EK1 '99 model.
For starters, with no luck from internet searching, I'd like to know the difference( if there is any major ) between say, an EK1 and an Ek4, or EK9. :???:

Im looking into getting a front lip and eventually rear one for my car, and Im wanting to achieve an 'EK9 type R' look.
If I were to order a front lip from somewhere that stated it was Type R style and fits EK/EK9 would I be able to put the lip onto an EK1 with no problems?
Any suggestions for other styles that might look better are welcomed aswell.

Thanks =)

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
EK9 lips are expensive and i think rare :shock:

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any lip for a 99-00 Civic should fit. The rear lip depends on whether you have a hatchback, coupe, or sedan. As far as recommendations, I would look for an OEM Civic Type-R lip, I think they look the best.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Any lip for a 99-00 Civic should fit. The rear lip depends on whether you have a hatchback, coupe, or sedan. As far as recommendations, I would look for an OEM Civic Type-R lip, I think they look the best.
wait do type r fit in coupes??

i wouldent mind geting a job in the summer ;)

kiaa_

Thank for that, ill look into them =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys,
I was wondering if yous would be able to help me with something.

I've got a Honda Civic EK1 '99 model.
For starters, with no luck from internet searching, I'd like to know the difference( if there is any major ) between say, an EK1 and an Ek4, or EK9. :???:

Im looking into getting a front lip and eventually rear one for my car, and Im wanting to achieve an 'EK9 type R' look.
If I were to order a front lip from somewhere that stated it was Type R style and fits EK/EK9 would I be able to put the lip onto an EK1 with no problems?
Any suggestions for other styles that might look better are welcomed aswell.

Thanks =)
If its type R style....its a knockoff piece of crap that you don't want and it definitely won't look like a type R but more like a cheap built ride. OEM EK9 lips are expensive but fit perfectly and look great. Any parts with style in the name are replicas (except for a few very rare aftermarket kits from japan)

kiaa_

If its type R style....its a knockoff piece of crap that you don't want and it definitely won't look like a type R but more like a cheap built ride. OEM EK9 lips are expensive but fit perfectly and look great. Any parts with style in the name are replicas (except for a few very rare aftermarket kits from japan)
Thanks for that man! I'll definitely look around a bit more before I decided what to get =)

ek4kat

5+ Year Member
Don't get the cheap s**t lips off eBay. Especially if they are the replicas. Go oem. It may be pricey but it's well worth it. And not like other ricers that buy the cheap bolt on stuff for their car. Claiming its jdm. It's not jdm cause it's not imported from Japan. Or Canada.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ The thread is a couple weeks old but I figured I'd chime in something.

99-00 Si and 99-00 JDM CTR use the exact same front lip. You can find used 99-00 Si lips for around one-fiddy, more or less depending on condition.

Now OEM rear lips on the other hand..... Expect to pay tree-hundo+. Coupe/Sedan rear bumpers are interchangeable but hatch can only mount on hatch.