eK4TheWin's 2000 Hatch Build Thread (My First Ever)

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
CRX

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Looks good inside and out, i'm envious.
More pics of car, less pics of friends? lol just playin.
I like where this is going. Tuned in for pics :popcorn:
rex=CRX

Nice progress!
Hey everybody I'm back. First and foremost, thanks as always for the props and comments. Sry I have been away these past couple of days but I have was working on something special. All of you who own hatches and rexes (needed to use that word lol) are gonna love the new set of pics coming online with tonight's update.

Also, some sad news. Due to a certain situation going on with my family, I now need to take over my little sister's college tuition so she can graduate. I wish the situation could be different, but you gotta do what needs to be done. So my build is going to slow down a little bit. I need to start prioritizing to see what I'm gonna do first. I would like to start with what's immediately achievable, but I also want to save so I can get all the expensive parts of the build out of the way. Opinions? lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off, not a problem with the delay. As for the pics, I'm excited haha. And as for your family situation, sorry to hear that, nut I give props to you for helping your sister make it through school. We need more people like you in this country.

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
First off, not a problem with the delay. As for the pics, I'm excited haha. And as for your family situation, sorry to hear that, nut I give props to you for helping your sister make it through school. We need more people like you in this country.

Take your time dawg, no hurry. Excited for pics!
Thanks alot guys! As always, the support is appreciated and helps me keep this thread up. As promised the pics will be up in the next 15 minutes.

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
Do you own a hatch? teg? rex?
|Are you tired of your trunk looking like this??

By ek4thewin at 2011-12-29

Don't spend 140 bucks for a factory cover! That should have come for free!! Instead, with only $40, MAKE yourself something like this right in your own backyard!!

You can cover up the braces underneath if you want to but I didn't feel it necessary. Also, you don't even need to reinforce it, BUUUUT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO TO AVOID WARPING!!

I hope you all like it!

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
If you all want more detailed pictures so you can follow what I did, pm me. Currently the board is holding up very well against moisture with the felt covering and the reinforcement. It holds about 20lbs of cargo on top. The pictures are a little ugly cuz I was too excited to clean it up before I shared the pics lol. If you want to make your own at home, again, pm me. I will send you a list of materials that I personally used for mine as well as detailed pics.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I do love the cargo cover! I thought about doing the same thing. Does it rattle a bunch while driving?

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice work on the cargo cover. If I didn't still have my factory one, I'd build one of these.

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
I do love the cargo cover! I thought about doing the same thing. Does it rattle a bunch while driving?
Actually it doesn't. If you wrap the felt around the board, it'll be really quiet. It will rattle if you have a sub though. What I recommend is to use velcro or try to see if you can find the factory clip inserts and glue them to the board and just snap it into the shelf slots (if they bring the clips)
Nice work on the cargo cover. If I didn't still have my factory one, I'd build one of these.
Thanks! I do like the factory covers :thumbs up

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
If you all want to make your homemade cargo cover with hinges, it's easy. Just make sure you have something like velcro to secure the cover to the shelf. Otherwise, it's going to rattle like crazy. Also, if you plan on reinforcing it, you will need to position the braces a bit differently.

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
Still no serious upgrades -_- SMH

PICS FOR KICKS

From my office window

By ek4thewin at 2012-02-04

During oil change

New stickers=10 more whp

Re-Upholstered my headliner

Some of these pics are gonna have a weird blue-ish hue in the middle. Happened ever since I jailbroke my phone. Blue hue in the middle of every pic :/

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
Headliner is BOSS!
Lol, thanks bro. It took two tries and 4 hours to get it right -_- But I'm happy with the results.

UPDATE
Since I took out the headliner and A/B pillars, I found a couple leaks in the cabin during the rainy weekend. I found three more in the tailight and tailgate area. No wonder my car smells NASTY after it rains :roll: Gonna strip everything down to the bare metal and eliminate all leaks. I'm also gonna do a lot of soundproofing. I should be done in about 3 weeks, given the time and money constraints. Of course, more pics to come with that aspect of the project.

cuetip

Registered VIP
dude ek thanks for saying where you were able to do your clutch and flywheel, because i have a feeling that i am going to have to do mine pretty soon since i have 256k and i dont think its ever been changed