Elec Windows SlOw

lewis_lsi

5+ Year Member
Hi all.
Recently my elec windows have been going up slower and slower:(:(:(:(:( . especially the passenger window. It use to just be slow when only the ignition was on, but now even when the engine is running. The windows also have smere downward lines on them.
Anyone no what the problem could be. I was finking that the plastic between the windows need lubbing

Anyone know?

Cheerz guys

stdeath1101

f**k it
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your motor might be going out

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It could just need some lubing bro...

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
pull it out, rub some lube on it, and stick it back in ;)

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what they say man maybe the window is misaligned too

stdeath1101

f**k it
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn i didn't think it cost that much.

in that case, i'd say f**k that and do the lube thing. i think i'm gonna try that cause my motor is slow as hell.

btw good link stolibears

Balljnnnnn

5+ Year Member
try using silicone spray on the window tracks.... i just did the power window conversion on my hatch and going up and down was shitty so i took the panels off and sprayed the tracks...now it goes smooth

lewis_lsi

5+ Year Member
how do you get to the window tracks properly cus the inside metal panel is in the way. Isnt it welded?
im not sure how you get to it

Balljnnnnn

5+ Year Member
just pop your door panels off and on the side where the window rides on just spray that part then roll the window down and spray the top portion

MyLittleCivic

JadesMarine
5+ Year Member
More than lube

So i thought my window was needing lube so i took it apart. well i found out not only did it need lubed up but the mounting screws for the window track backed out some. so i lubed it up and tighted it back up and it works great.

Hope it helps

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my civic is doing the same thing, its a honda thing i guess.....

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine did it but not no more! i used sillycone lol spray and it goes in and out so nice! lol

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The rubber track insulator on my 'teg came loose and jammed up the window, made it slow, and made it rattle. I just slid it back in place, hit it with some silicone spray lube and it never messed up again. :what:

Shred

5+ Year Member
So i thought my window was needing lube so i took it apart. well i found out not only did it need lubed up but the mounting screws for the window track backed out some. so i lubed it up and tighted it back up and it works great.

Hope it helps
Just did this yesterday. We have the same car and same issue lol. Easy job but so satisfying! btw if anyone wants to see exactly how to do this check out the blog in my sig block. there's pics =)