electric turbo?

kickere696

above the clouds
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone ever hear of anything like this, i got one from a guy at work today for free and was wondering if they actually work, it looks like it would but i dunno

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, they don't do much, you could run it though.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they're just an electric fan that fits in your intake tube. Some of them are pretty powerful but the powerful ones still only run a pound or two of boost.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
fan != turbocharger

kickere696

above the clouds
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this isn't just a fan though, it looks exactly like a turbo, just with an electric motor spinning the turbine

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fits in the airbox, adds 10 horsepower... lol

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kickere696 said:
this isn't just a fan though, it looks exactly like a turbo, just with an electric motor spinning the turbine
yes, but its a small one, the blades inside resemble a turbo, I know the one you're talking about, but its still just a more complicated fan. Can you post pics?

kickere696

above the clouds
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, it says swirlwind in big letters, then high performance turbo under it

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, another Wind brand lol, I wouldn't run it, but at least give it a try and see if you like what it does.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bigger motor on the side of it that I expected. Might as well give it a try.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahhaahahahhahahaahaahahahahaahahahahaahahhahahahahahaahahaha *deep breath* HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAhAHAAHAHHAHAHA

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, yeah, but for free I guess its worth a shot, lol

kickere696

above the clouds
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i hooked it up tith the motor that was on it, and it well, it sucked, so i went to napa and gat a blower motor for 40 bucks and to say the least it is the best 40 dollars i have ever spent!!!

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kickere696 said:
well i hooked it up tith the motor that was on it, and it well, it sucked, so i went to napa and gat a blower motor for 40 bucks and to say the least it is the best 40 dollars i have ever spent!!!
wait, you're kidding right? Do you have pics of this? Did you put it on the other intake blower?