Electrical, no power at all. Help.........

fixture

5+ Year Member
I got to work today ok. I went to lunch and the car has no power at all. I checked the interior fuses and all seams well. What else should I check?

Jonathan
95 civic ex coupe 5 spd / stock

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ur battery and alternator...

Karten

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you most likely left the lights on and batt went dead

fixture

5+ Year Member
I was only at work for 2 hours till I got back in my car to start it up and the lights werent on and the interior lights were all off. Got to work at 9am tried to leave at 11am and nothing. Not even a light on the dash just complete death.

Jonathan

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you check the fuses under the hood?

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
try to run start it that worked for me a couple of times i left my lights on...

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First check the battery, if there's no power, then you either got a dead battery or something that drained it (headlights? foglamps?). From there, it could be a dozen things that may have gone wrong, whether it be corroded wires, blown out fuses, burnt out alternator, etc. But if you got to work fine, and you found out it was dead 2 hours later, I think it'd be a drained battery. I've left my fog lights on several times and in 3-4 hours, my car wouldn't start either (the temperature outside wasn't too hot as well, ~80 degrees F). The only thing that'd remotely light up was my alarm LED, and even that was weak.