Electrical overload

dw8

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The 1990 Civic sedan I just got threw a code on the computer before it quit running. The code was 20, electrical overload. Can anyone tell me what all could have happened? Thanks.

89hatchrider

the shadow conspiracy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dw8 said:
The 1990 Civic sedan I just got threw a code on the computer before it quit running. The code was 20, electrical overload. Can anyone tell me what all could have happened? Thanks.
you said befor in another post thatthe distributor melted, what kind of wires are you using, and what kind of spark plugs, battery, and is the ground hooked up right. that might be your problem, but other than that i have no clue.. did you get the cpu chip yet, it might not be the right one.

89hatchrider

the shadow conspiracy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
89hatchrider said:
you said befor in another post thatthe distributor melted, what kind of wires are you using, and what kind of spark plugs, battery, and is the ground hooked up right. that might be your problem, but other than that i have no clue.. did you get the cpu chip yet, it might not be the right one.
well i tried

dw8

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I haven't had a chance yet to dissect the car. I do know for sure it has new sparkplug wires. I got the computer off of Ebay, and the seller claims it was the right one for the car I have. I also didn't get to see the distributor after is melted down. If that is what really happened. The previous owner said that when he first got it, it wouldn't go over 55 mph. He put a new fuel pump in it and everything went wrong. I'll know more when I get the chance to actually look at the car.

89hatchrider

the shadow conspiracy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its hard telling whats wrong with the car if you dont look at it and try a few things out.

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check for frayed wires, making contact with others.

89hatchrider

the shadow conspiracy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
si_racer13 why are you every where i turn is this your life or something lol