electrical problem... what do u think?

diemf50

I have a 98 civic ex coupe, and i think it has a short or a grounding issue, but the radio turns off and then turns back on and continues playing the cd, ipod, radio...

it seems to happen when i brake sometimes, or when i take my foot off after acceleration... sometimes i'll just be coasting in Neutral and it will just turn off then back on.

anyone have any ideas on what it could be? i noticed my right rear "brake" light is out, but other than that, everything else on the dashboard works and does not turn off when the radio turns off. thought it was the radio and replaced it...

can anybody help?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Loose/bad connection. Possibly a ground. Check ALL of your connections.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this
I wouldnt have replaced the radio without trouble shooting it first and checking all other possible options.

diemf50

thank yea today in auto class ima check all the grounds. it weird cuz when i switched the radios... it didnt happen for about a month... now its doing it alot more. i'ma check all my grounds thank you

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Most def check that out. My friend had a new head unit installed and after it kept popping dash fuses. They couldnt figure it out. The idiots that installed it at the shop left a live power end exposed causing a short. It took me longer to get the console out than to find the problem...lol.

RonJ

Banned
If no fuses are popping, then you don't have a short. Double check your wire splices and check for a loose radio connector or ground wire.