Electrical Problems

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So Im waiting for my food at the drive thru last night at 330am and my headlights started to flicker, then the abs light started to come on when my a/c compressor would turn on and then the abs light turned off when the compressor turned off. This repeated unitl i drove off. Was at idle for about 10 mins. While i dove home it never happened again.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If it happened once and isnt happening anymore, I wouldnt worry about it too much. Could be something like bad alternator wiring. I dont know :what:

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its really concering me because i had alot of work recently done and now im having tons of electrical problems and i dont want to screw the car up before the shop has time to fix what theyve messed up.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What kind of work did you have done to the car?

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the entire interior was replaced. I think, know that when they replaced the dash they have shorted or messed up some wiring cuz my a/c blend door no longer works either. really wish they would have totaled the car and given me the 16k that was spent on fixing the car.

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol wouldnt get near as much as they just spent fixing it though. cars probably only worth.10-12k.

Tkdtim1226

5+ Year Member
I don't know a lot about electrical but my first thought was a wire grounding out. It is probably obvious that it is somewhere in the dash, but I could be wrong. You said the shop is going to fix it. When are they planning on looking at it?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the entire interior was replaced. I think, know that when they replaced the dash they have shorted or messed up some wiring cuz my a/c blend door no longer works either. really wish they would have totaled the car and given me the 16k that was spent on fixing the car.
Youre trying to tell me that you spent 16k replacing the interior of your car??? Can I ask why?

What do you have anyway?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's GOLD interior!

I was thinking the same thing as TDK at first when I heard that you were at idle for like 10 minutes... I was thinking, oh, alternator, grounds, connectors, etc... Then you said you had work done to the car. I'm pretty sure it's their doing, so just leave it how it is, and let them fix everything. No point for you to patch up the s**t that they f**ked up on ya know?

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have no plans on fixing it myself, however every time a shop touches my car it seems to come back i worse condition. so i am trying to gather info on these problems im having so i can try and direct them in the right direction.

reason it cost 16k was because the first shop that i took it too refused to use oem honda parts so their parts didnt fit right and they did a ton of damage to the car while it was in their care. so finally my insurance co sent me to a different shop where they spend over 9k fixing the other shops shotty work. first shop charged my insurance co about 7k.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Still didnt tell us what kind of work you had done. Replacing the interior with non-OEM parts doesnt f**k up your car.

And what do you have? EP3, EM2, ES1?

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get out the multimeter and start checking all your wiring, but it sounds like you could have a short behind your dash or something, where they spiced a wire and the electrical tape is missing to quicken the project along in the wrong way. In long term you might have an electrical fire because of shoddy work, good luck bro. I would have them check it though if your having problems after having it directly from the shop, chances are they are s**t heads=) Best of luck man!

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get out the multimeter and start checking all your wiring, but it sounds like you could have a short behind your dash or something, where they spiced a wire and the electrical tape is missing to quicken the project along in the wrong way. In long term you might have an electrical fire because of shoddy work, good luck bro. I would have them check it though if your having problems after having it directly from the shop, chances are they are s**t heads=) Best of luck man!
:word:

vjf915:
im guessing that the problem lies in the dash. work done was every interior item less the floor carpet was replaced.

thanks guys ill start with the multimeter